Need some info...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

JCS

Senior Airman
Jul 15, 2004
Nicholson, PA
Ok, I finally have to get started on my graduation project. I was going to do it just on the Luftwaffe but I decided to make it a little easier and do WW2 aircraft in general. I'm going to need detailed history of each of these aircraft. Not so much technical details (such as what variant had which variant of which engine) but more like kill ratios, what countries they were exported/leased to, where they were operated, which squadrons had the best results from the aircraft, any notable aces of each, etc...

Heres the aircraft I need this info on:

P-51
B-17
B-24
B-25
B-29
P-47
FW190
Ju88
He111
Me262
Me163
Il2
Yak 3
Spitfire
Lancaster
Mosquito
Hurricane
Zero
G4M Betty

If you have anything you can either post it here or e-mail it to me at [email protected]

Thanks in advance. 8)

Well, for instance, how well did it hold up against enemy fighters?, What were some major operations/raids it took part in? How many squadrons operated it? Did the crews like the aircraft? and some more in depth stuff like which squadrons were the first to drop Grand Slams, Tallboys or Cookies? Where were they dropped? How successful were they? What (if any) modifications were needed to carry them?

Basically anything along those lines....

Yea anything will be good. I was never able to find much info online about british aircraft...

well these are the two best i've found on the internet but i doubt either are what you're after, the one with the filename "the works" has allot of technical info with the history towards the back.........

Attachments

• lancaster_history_116.doc
    32 KB · Views: 47
  • the_works__p__631.doc
    220.5 KB · Views: 280
i'm glad they helped, the thing is people spend years writing what you're after 'cos there's so much to research, that's why it'd be better if you have a long list of specific question you want answered........

Those had pretty much all I needed. I dont actually need a whole book of info on each plane but just more detailed info than you usually find online, I'm only going to have about 3-4 paragpraphs on each plane anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back