Neil Armstrong Passes Away (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Gnomey

Globetrotting Surgeon General
Staff
Mod
"It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small."

In 1969, Neil Armstrong became the first man to walk on the moon and arguably the most famous man in the universe.

Asked how he felt that day, he replied "very, very small".

He later questioned the value of his legacy as he witnessed the thirst for space exploration become increasingly embroiled in politics and battles for funding, what he called "hucksterism and other attendant nonsense"....

BBC News - Obituary: Neil Armstrong, moon landings astronaut

BBC News - US astronaut Neil Armstrong dies, first man on Moon

:salute: :salute:

Last edited:
I'm dating myself but I saw this first steps on the moon live, my parents woke me up in the middle of the night so I could see it. He was one of the last non-athlete or non-musician heros kids idolized, and a perfect role model! RIP fellow sailor, blue skies and tail winds always!! :salute:

You shouldn't be amazed at the wonders of heaven, Mr. Armstrong, because you have already been there.

You were a hero to me and my generation
81157.gif

He uttered possibly the two most famous and popular lines in American history....

"The Eagle has landed."
"One small step for (a) man, one giant leap for mankind."

RIP :salute:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back