New 1/32nd scale Sabre kit.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Airframes

Benevolens Magister
Aug 24, 2008
Cheshire, UK
For any Sabre fans out there, I thought I'd just let you know that Hannant's in the UK have just announced the arrival of a new kit from Italeri.
This is a 1/32nd scale kit of the F86F Sabre jet; whether it's a re-boxing of the Haegawa or Kinetic kits, I don't yet know, but I'm trying to find out, and suspect it's a brand new tooling, as I saw a hint of this recently on the Italeri web-site.
The kit includes decals for 4 aircraft, including 'The Huff' and 'Miss Tena', based at Suwon during the Korean war, a No112 Sqn RAF (Germany) Mk4 based at Bruggen in 1955, and a machine from the Italian Air Force.
The UK price at Hannant's is £39.99. (less VAT for overseas ciustomers).
When I get more info, I'll let you know.

Yep, you're right Neil. With the exception of a small number of interim types, RAF Fighter Command, and RAF Germany both operated the Canadair-built F4. However, the Sabre was very much a 'stop-gap' aircraft within the RAF, until the Hunter became available, when all Sabre squadrons made the changeover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back