New Aircraft Maintenance Technique!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

FLYBOYJ

"THE GREAT GAZOO"
Apr 9, 2005
Colorado, USA
Airline sacrifices goats to appease sky god Tue Sep 4, 3:41 PM ET

KATHMANDU (Reuters) - Officials at Nepal's state-run airline have sacrificed two goats to appease Akash Bhairab, the Hindu sky god, following technical problems with one of its Boeing 757 aircraft, the carrier said Tuesday.

Nepal Airlines, which has two Boeing aircraft, has had to suspend some services in recent weeks due the problem.

The goats were sacrificed in front of the troublesome aircraft Sunday at Nepal's only international airport in Kathmandu in accordance with Hindu traditions, an official said.

"The snag in the plane has now been fixed and the aircraft has resumed its flights," said Raju K.C., a senior airline official, without explaining what the problem had been.

Local media last week blamed the company's woes on an electrical fault. The carrier runs international flights to five cities in Asia.

It is common in Nepal to sacrifice animals like goats and buffaloes to appease different Hindu and buffaloes to appease different Hindu deities.

NEXT TIME MY PLANE BREAKS I'M GOING TO SHOOT A LIBERAL!​

Who's gonna read the manual if you shoot the liberals:lol:

Liberals read more books than conservatives. The head of the book publishing industry's trade group says she knows why-and there's little flattering about conservative readers in her explanation.
"The Karl Roves of the world have built a generation that just wants a couple slogans: 'No, don't raise my taxes, no new taxes,'" Pat Schroeder, president of the American Association of Publishers, said in a recent interview. "It's pretty hard to write a book saying, 'No new taxes, no new taxes, no new taxes' on every page."

Schroeder, who as a Colorado Democrat was once one of Congress' most liberal House members, was responding to an Associated Press-Ipsos poll that found people who consider themselves liberals are more prodigious book readers than conservatives.

She said liberals tend to be policy wonks who "can't say anything in less than paragraphs. We really want the whole picture, want to peel the onion."

Who's gonna read the manual if you shoot the liberals:lol:

Liberals read more books than conservatives. The head of the book publishing industry's trade group says she knows why-and there's little flattering about conservative readers in her explanation.
"The Karl Roves of the world have built a generation that just wants a couple slogans: 'No, don't raise my taxes, no new taxes,'" Pat Schroeder, president of the American Association of Publishers, said in a recent interview. "It's pretty hard to write a book saying, 'No new taxes, no new taxes, no new taxes' on every page."

Schroeder, who as a Colorado Democrat was once one of Congress' most liberal House members, was responding to an Associated Press-Ipsos poll that found people who consider themselves liberals are more prodigious book readers than conservatives.

She said liberals tend to be policy wonks who "can't say anything in less than paragraphs. We really want the whole picture, want to peel the onion."

Oh geez! Just throwing more fuel on the fire :D There's absolutely no basis to prove any of the above... but I'm sure you're just stirring the pot.

Besides - I don't want new taxes. You make it seem like a bad thing! :lol:

Remember "Grand-Pa Pettibone", Joe ?

He'd have a field day with that one !

Charles

Grandpaw Pettibone is still alive and well... probably just sitting there waiting for the plan to fall out of the sky.

Is this a real article?

Mike: I've been retired for 36 years, and I still remember Naval Aviation News
and Grandpaw Pettibone. Some things you just don't forget.

Thanks for the heads up on the prop......

Charles

Mike: I've been retired for 36 years, and I still remember Naval Aviation News
and Grandpaw Pettibone. Some things you just don't forget.

Thanks for the heads up on the prop......

Charles

haha. Yup - still around. Unfortunately, mishaps will never disappear from aviation. It's a very dangerous line of work.

Who's gonna read the manual if you shoot the liberals

Let's just make sure that no liberal ever gets to write the manual. It would then become a multi-cultural, politically correct piece of garbage, just like everything else that they get their hands on. :mad:

TO

And Schorder was a friggin idiot - she was on the arms funding committee and received a top secret briefing on the F-117A. She couldn't understand why we needed the aircraft or how "stealth" technology worked.

She may have read a lot of books but it seemed she ate the covers when she was done....

And Schorder was a friggin idiot - she was on the arms funding committee and received a top secret briefing on the F-117A. She couldn't understand why we needed the aircraft or how "stealth" technology worked.

She may have read a lot of books but it seemed she ate the covers when she was done....

Listening to many individuals on DC is quite comical when they comment on military issues involving development or procurement. In reality, how can you honestly have a meaningful opinion if you've never put on boots.

Many individuals read material that substantiates already held beliefs, values, and biases. What good is it to read massive amounts of material that upholds these already "sacred" items.

Real opportunity for growth comes from learning and reading about those that fall outside of your realm, and that are contrary to your position.

Anyway - a spokesman said that following the goat sacrifice a successful flight was made to Hong Kong. :lol:

Maybe my country should try this "technique"...maybe after sacrificing enough goats will make our old Migs 21 airworthy again....but I seriously doubt...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back