New and not from The Vatican!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi:
I had to put Vatican as Canada wasn't listed...what's up with that!
Anyway, a die hard fan of anything WWII aircraft related. Model builder to the max until into my 20s.
Ramping down toward the end of what will soon be a 30 year career in the Canadian Navy...and wishing I could start all over again!
Anyway, I still do dabble in the fine art of modelling most recently doing Monogram/Revell's 1/48 B17G (Did this one in my younger years too so knew what was coming). It took me almost 3 years and recently one of my #@* cats thought that it was a 'toy'...actually my wife's cat-That means I can put it in the microwave doesn't it...if it is not mine...?
Anyway, looking forward to learning lots and hopefully sharing some too!

You need a wrecked model as a reason to put a cat in a microwave?

Just kidding. I hate cats. Welcome.

Attachments

• imagesCAIW94XZ.jpg
    imagesCAIW94XZ.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 165
Welcome

By the way Canada is in the list...

After a second look, yes, I found Canada right on top. Silly me, I followed the alphabetical order and went from Cameroon to Canary Islands to Cape Verdi!
Matt, I think this 48 year old just wet his pants looking at your pic of the free cat!!!! You NOW owe me!!!

Last edited:
And I thought you were an Irish man in a Handley Page four engined bomber.

Sorry - I'll leave the room
Oh and welcome!

This seems like a really great place with a great bunch of people but you guys are cutting into my "me" time!! I am otherwise occupied all weekend and am trying to get all my gear together as I am at NDHQ downtown most of next week. It's hard to not grab the 'hot' side of the iron when you see a message pop up! I may be at Sick Bay by Monday morning!
I am still laughing about the cat pic! I sent it to my wife in Halifax-she phoned me and is not laughing and told me to keep "Starsky and Hutch" (My choice was K'mere and K'mon) out of my forum discussions!
Anyway, I convinced her to take some pics of my "Office". For about the last 10 years over Christmas holidays, I do 'a build'. As mentioned with the B-17, I also did a 1/350 USS SARATOGA (my brother-in-laws bateau) over time but have a mean looking 'modified' Hawker Tempest in 1/32 and most of my other stuff in 1/48. Love that scale-not too small to see, not to big to display. Did an SBD with a Wildcat and Zero in the same time frame scheme (Midway-took forever to find decals) which was a challenge. Also took the cheap (Walmart $14) Revell 1/48 P-51 and turned it into a pretty true to life Tuskegee. It took one day but even close up, I am pretty proud of it.
Anyway, must get back to ironing shirts!!!

Another welcome from down undah...... My Grandmother was from Nova Scotia, a MacDougall.... I am now an Australian citizen, from the U.S. originally, so I have completed the circle to the Commonwealth. I also served in the USNavy, and wished I could have stayed in. Check out my Commonwealth Group Build of a Typhonn, flown by a Canadian. We'll enjoy your company. cheers, Bill

Hi Pat and welcome to the family

Users who are viewing this thread

Back