New GB IN two days!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Carrier...... hmm, Annie says she would like to do one for this GB.
A test catapult shot..... a CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Would this qualify???
Can't believe I am asking this. But we all do what the boss demands. Yes?

Mine will be another chopper, SH-3A from HS-4 60's era, blue and international orange.

Last edited:
If it was designed to fly from the deck of a flattop, it's in. I may have to start another kit before the Sea Vixen, parts are yet to be shipped from Roll. Thinking about a Vought SB2U Vindicator to fill the time.

3 possibilities in the stash: Tamiya Corsair, Accurate Miniatures Avenger or another Eduard Hellcat.

Do the Avenger Andy. I have one in my stash and another in the display.

Yeah, I was leaning that way. Already did a Hellcat not too long ago and I figure that there might be more than a couple of Corsairs. I want to do an Atlantic scheme for the Avenger but have not seen anything too interesting. Suggestions welcome.

Oh...debations, debations. Mk.XIV spitfire RCN, Hellcat, or Corsair. And then, near the bottom of my stash, long forgotten, this.
007.JPG

008.JPG

A Scooter from the Bonnie Dick is my choice. Anyone have any thoughts or fears about this kit?

Geo

EDIT I agree with Bruce VB. Might persuade me to buy one.:p

Last edited:
That is a great kit George. Built one way back, don't remember having any problems.

Andy, I seem to recall a version of the atlantic scheme that was similar to the three-tone pacific scheme but with the blues replaced with two greys. I will try to see if I can find where I saw it.

Carrier...... hmm, Annie says she would like to do one for this GB.
A test catapult shot..... a CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Would this qualify???
Can't believe I am asking this. But we all do what the bass demands. Yes?

Mine will be another chopper, SH-3A from HS-4 60's era, blue and international orange.
I believe that the judges weighed in on this earlier; If it was launched off of a ship it qualifies!

I got the Hasagawa and the old Monogram, (rebox as Revell) in a thrift store, the F-8 I bought special for this GB. The F-8 is first, and then the others as time allows.

GB15.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Go the A-4 Geo!!! :)

Considering a few different types.
If I understand correctly that any aircraft is eligible if it was originally designed to be used on carriers, then there are a few land based options...(A6M2-K, RNZAF Buffalo or Seafire XV instructional airframe maybe...)

Cheers pal! Wonder if it would be safe to do one '13' with the snake, or?

Edit: Found this, use this as start, get the Serial # for the '13'...

3_181.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back