New GB IN two days! (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

How about this Lucky....from the interwebs.

Capture4.JPG

Geo

Hard to say Jan, some had them, some didn't, plus we don't have a BuNo, and some where -4Bs, and some were straight -4s. Don't know how much that bothers you though. Stands to reason there was a plane numbered 13 in the squadron though.

Geo, that one you found is a Frankenplane for sure. It's a -1A, with the Korea Era Rattle Snake, and then Kenneth Walsh's kill markings from his -4 at the end of WWII.

Found another.

zoom-2wt20.jpg

Last edited:
Might be. There's an Osprey Book (I believe by Eric Tillman) that actually has a 323 bird on the cover, Corsair Units In Korea is the title, or along those lines. I had it as a PDF but I can't find it. That may have something in it. I'll look when it's not almost 2:00 AM! :lol:

Bog off !
Just doing the one - a 1/48th scale 'Hobbycraft' Sea Fury, HMS Theseus, 1951, Korea, with 'Airwaves' PE wing fold, 'Squadron' vac-form canopy, and probably 'True Details' wheels. Drop tanks from the 'Eduard' Tempest, courtesy of Karl, and RPs modified from the Airfix' Spit 22 kit, and maybe intake grilles with mesh from 'Plus Model'. That leaves a bit to do with actual kit parts!
Oh, and a bit of scratch-building here and there.

there's some PE bits in the box i sent you Terry for the tanks and some bits for the wheel bays !
you can download the Eduard Tempest instructions to see where they go

A Revell (ex-Hasegawa) F4U-5N would work for me I think....and come to think of it the Seafire FR.46/47 I got the other day might not be a bad choice either. Gotta see how my BF-110E is coming along though....at long last I managed to get one of my 1/48 Eduard Bf-110 sofar I can actually start laying down some paint, so I wanna try and keep working on that for a bit first.

Last edited:
Bill, I have a shot somewhere of a car being launched off the flight deck but I have no idea where it is or what carrier it was.:lol: I have a Dauntless and a Tomcat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back