New Here, P-51 Mustang Overdose!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

xmh53wrench

Recruit
Jun 18, 2012
Hey folks, new here. Been hanging out at a couple other forums. This place is great, really liking the way things are laid out here, and the Tech area is amazing!! Well here is what I have built since this past October, have had a BLAST!!! I am normally a car model builder, but havent built anything in probably 10 years. I had spent that time dirt stock car racing and building a roadster hot rod. But this October I wanted to build a model of The Galloping Ghost, after the accident in Reno, so I built a 1/32 Mustang in flight rounding a scratch built home pylon. And....that started an avalanche of 1/32 Mustangs, and a few other planes as well. I still have a few more in the works, I guess I am hooked on this form of modeling....:D

Here are a few pics of my builds....

IMAG1164.jpg

IMAG1157.jpg

IMAG1255.jpg

IMAG0176.jpg

Airfix 1/24
IMAG1227.jpg

IMAG1127.jpg

IMAG0915.jpg

1/48 Fictional Cleveland Air Race Set
IMAG0785.jpg

Thanks for the great site!!!

Those look very cool, where do you get the decals for 1/32 racing Mustangs? I like the 1/48 trio too.

Oh yes, and welcome aboard :)

A house built for planes..... how good is That!

LOL, when you build nearly all 1/32 with a few 1/24 thrown in, thats about what it takes to insure they get their required dose of dust and daylight....They sure take up a bunch of room, but I just love that scale.

As far as the decals, on the racers, the Lockheed and on "FULL BIRD" ...those were all done by me, on my sign making program (vinyl lettering cutter) then just printed with my HP printer using those cheesy Testors Decal Making Kits. I love that stuff, oh the freedom it allows me, though it can be temperamental, and does have its limitations.

Here are a couple more that I have done since Oct....and yes I will be checking out the group builds as I have under my desk waiting, 2 1/32 Spits MK1, 1/24 Spit MK1 and P-51D, and 1/32 P-51D and another B/C, all to be done up a bit more traditionally. And in process air racers "Bardhal Special" and "Mantz NX1204" and "Tsunami" all 1/32.

I made this a gift for my son-in-law last month as he had just graduated from Air Force Officer Training, and is now starting his Air Force pilot training...
IMAG0990.jpg

This is what I went through to get "Tsunami's" proportions correct, the model started out as a P-51B.
IMAG0703.jpg

An in-progress pic of the 1/24 Galloping Ghost
IMAG0266.jpg

Thanks again guys!!!

Oh, and here is a better pic of my what-if USAAF Spitfire Night Fighter, this was a blast to build, and the first time I had picked up an airbrush in many, many years.
IMAG0855.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back