New Member: WW2 Aviation Artist

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ColesAircraft

Airman 1st Class
Hello all!

I just joined last night, but only now managed to add 18 examples of my artwork in the Picture Album section. I'm new to the aviation art scene, though I've been a professional architectural renderer/artist for many years. I only started marketing my aircraft art at Christmas last year, though some of my work goes back to the 90s.

I'd love to know what folks think, and hear suggestions.

Thanks!

- Ron Cole

index

Thanks!

I've been interested in the Japanese military since I was a kid. I became a pilot at 17, so - putting the two together led to the combination. Since high school I've been in touch with, and interviewing, Japanese WW2 veterans. I was always amazed by their stories of selfless bravery, and as an American have always been of the opinion that Western culture has never given the Japanese a fair hearing. The Pacific War was very racialized, unlike the War in Europe which was among white Christian powers.

Some time ago I foresaw the immanent passing-on of veterans from the WW2 conflict. Japanese almost never provided autographs to Western artists - as they saw most Western war art as celebratory of their defeat. I thought I might be an exception, considering my long-standing relationships with many of them.

They've been extremely supportive of my work, and I in turn remain sensitive of their feelings about the portrayal of war - which is why I don't do violence in my Japanese pieces.

- Ron Cole

As an artist (trying to be lol) my self.. Your a smart man it do the Japaness paintings..Untaped market.. And Its a group of men who need what your doing ..No ones realy painting about them ...very cool looks great hats off to you.

Wow! Thanks for a warm welcoming! I'm producing new work all of the time, as I try to be the hardest working aviation artist in the business (I do this full time). I'm always looking for input, suggestions, desired topics, and even rebuke.

I've got two prints coming signed from Japan: a "Claude" piece and a "Betty" print. I'm also working on a B-25 and F4U-5N.

Thanks again!

Ron Cole

index

Users who are viewing this thread

Back