Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Honeybear1244

Recruit
May 18, 2013
I have just found this site and find it so interesting. I am John Mallandaine's daughter. He flew the Edmonton Special and was a spitfire pilot during WW11. I have many of his war time photos and often see copies of them online. I go through the originals often. Dad passed away in 2011 and is sadly missed by the family and many others but he certainly left a wonderful legacy. He donated many items and books to the air museum in Comox . I am sure I will enjoy this site in the future.

Found this about your dad in an obit. Very impressive!

John MALLANDAINE Obituary: View John MALLANDAINE's Obituary by Edmonton Journal

A native of Edmonton, John enjoyed forty- eight years in aviation beginning with his first solo flight in 1939. He served with the RCAF (442 Squadron) during WWII and continued flying with 418 Squadron (Reserve) following the war. He flew into northern Alberta for many years and completed his aviation career as an aviation safety investigator for Transport Canada from 1970 until his retirement in 1987. He enjoyed many years of involvement with the Canadian Fighter Pilots Association and the Edmonton Quarter Century Aviation Club.

Welcome aboard. If you're willing to share some of your Dad's pictures I'd love to see theme. Are you in Edmonton? If so , I'm 3 hours south of you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back