New tiny addition to the family

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

B-17engineer

Colonel
Dec 9, 2007
Revis Island.
My dog, yup I know he's tiny and full grown. We 'rescued' him out of a bad home in Newark. He is 2 years old and is fairly healthy despite a heart murmur. He is quite skid-dish but overall he's a nice dog. My dad, brothers and myself refuse to walk him, not cause of the responsibilities but what little dignity we have left we'd like to keep :lol:

I know you guys will have some stuff to say :lol:

Attachments

• 102_4066.JPG
    102_4066.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 194
  • 102_4067.JPG
    102_4067.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 185
  • 102_4068.JPG
    102_4068.JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 197
  • 102_4069.JPG
    102_4069.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 191
Ya! My mom loves animals, can get a bit annoying at times, so she is going to clean him up tomorrow. A lot of his hair is matted. Thanks! :D

He has an odd name...... 'Tex' but me loving WWII aircraft I can relate the name 'Tex' to 'Tex Hill' of the Flying Tigers :D !

Last edited:
Thanks! I came home from school today and there are like notes on the wall beware dog. I'm thinking to myself ya, funny and behold the dog was hiding under my parents bed. :lol:

Being an animal control officer seems like a cool job :D my mom would much rather prefer my dad doing that than being a regular police officer. :D

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with taking a little dog out for a walk. Heck the girls will flock to you when they see you walking that "cute little doggie", then who cares what anyone else thinks;)
He does need a hair cut though, but then again so do I.
Only thinkg I can suggest is to try not to make any sudden movements or just grabbing him. Let him come to you and get aquanted. You can almost tell from the pictures that he is a bit timid so best to take it slow when getting to know each other. Offering accasional treats wouldn't hurt either.

Last edited:
That's good advice from Buck, on both counts! :D

Tex looks good natured, not aggresive as some become in such circumstances, so really just give him time, and he'll get used to you. (Did you know that owners don't choose their dogs, it's the other way round?)

Good on ya mate! :D

While those (Yorkie?) aren't on my list of "favorite manly dogs to own", I have to respect the fact that you guys rescued the little hairball from a less-than-pleasant existence. I'll echo the above comments...give the dog time. He/She/It has just come from a rather stressful situation, just give it time, don't make any sudden moves or loud noises if possible, and bribes (my dogs go nuts for Beggin Strips, and you can't fail if a bribe is liberally smeared with peanut butter) never hurt anything. The dog will eventually warm up to the rest of the family, but don't be surprised if your relationship just stays at "warm" while all lovey-dovey slobbery kisses and affection are poured out on your Mom. Some dogs just tend to latch on to one human to call their own.

And take that hairball for a walk (the more public the place, the better)! CHI-I-I-I-I-I-CK MAGNET!!!! Dog gets out and about, you (potentially) get phone numbers....its a win-win!

My mother ened up with the same breed when my brother- in- law was stationed on England. I have never seen a more protective dog. She would not let anyone near my mother. You will have a good animal once it gets to know you. Always good to save an animal.

DBII

Hmmmm, seems to me I heard that somewhere before? I wonder where that was, Hmmm?

:occasion5: It was supposed to be part of my "I'll echo the above comments..." :lol: Maybe I should do some creative editing to my original post...lot of things I try to say today aren't really coming out the way the voices in my head say them...

My aunt had one of those hairballs years ago, and brought it over for the big family Christmas shindig. It'd get really ticked anytime someone came over to hand her a present! Apparently it calmed down a lot over time, but was really protective of its human at the start.

Last edited:
Oh that was a picture of a dog???????????????, thought the mop lost it's handle...:lol:...............Not a fan of Yorkies but you did a good deed for the dog, your going to need a lot of patience, those dogs are skittish to begin with and if it's been abused more so.Take it to lets say a Petsmart where they are dog friendly so the dog can get used to commotion,people etc. Lots of walks will help(a tired dog is less apt to do mischef). Congrats and good luck to you and the pup................:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back