New

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Geirr2012

Recruit
Feb 9, 2012
Hello
I am new to this Forum and this Website.

I live in Stavanger Norway, and I am the author of books on naval warfare in the early days of WW II.

Somewhat to my surprise, I find that this site is currently displaying a number of scans of photos from my books 'The German Invasion of Norway' and 'The Battle for Norway'. My name is given in such a way as if I have given consent to this, which I am afraid is not the case. Some of the photos displayed are in my possession, others come from museums or photo collections, in both cases usually through annoying sums of money. Still, I am very liberal to the use of those photos I have in my possession to serious users – provided they ask permission first.

Is it common pratice in the US to scan photos from books to use on websites? Any coments on my books and/or the use scans from them are welcome.

Geirr
Stavanger.

Welcome Geirr. Sorry to hear about your unauthorized scans making it onto this forum. I don't know how common this is but suspect that it not very rare unfortunately. Personally, I refrain from doing this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back