Newbie, from UK. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

tankie1rtr

Airman
Oct 11, 2008
York. United kingdom
Hi Guys.
Greetings to all, I am a new member from the United Kingdom, I live in the city of York, I am in my early 50s and I am ex 1st Royal Tank Regiment and later 4th Parachute Battalion. my hobbies are buying and selling deactivated ww2 weapons, rifles, revolvers, machine guns, sub machine guns, etc. I also love playing Sax Clarinet, my other hobby is photography, I work as a Railway Technician for Network Rail. I was quiet happy just reading some of the forum post that I found very interesting and had no intention of registering, until I came upon a post "Why were the British so late in using the sub machine gun" there were comments on there that were made about the Thompson Sub Machine Gun, that were really iffy, so I felt that I just had to reply to this posting, I will make a post under General WW2 postings. I hope to meet and chat to many new friends from all countries on this forum, Health Best Wishes to All.
Regards
Tankie1rtr :D

Hi Tankie, I was in 4 Para, as rochie said, before going to 3 Para. Have replied to your thread about the Thompson. Welcome Airborne, and enjoy the site.

Hi Roman.
A big hello from one tankie to another, in English our nicknames are "Trackheads". health best wishes to you and your family.
Regards
john

Hi John,

thank you and the same to your family!
Attached is a only picture of me with my tank that I scanned (sorry for the poor quality). Have more of them but never scanned them...

Attachments

• in the army2.jpg
    in the army2.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 61

Users who are viewing this thread

Back