Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Kiwigirl

Recruit
Nov 7, 2011
Hi Everyone, I found this site because someone has uploaded a photo of my father's airplane on here. I am curious where the picture came from. It is a Hawker Typhoon 1B HH-N from the 175 squadron. This plane is the one he had when he was shot down in late 1944! He loved his Tiffy and flew it consistently from 1943 to 1944. He also had Mum's name painted on the side.

Welcome to the forum. Can you post the pic in question? Many pics of the Typhoon are originally 'official' photos, and now mostly lodged with the IWM or RAFM, or RNZAF Museum, and will have been made available for use in books, magazines etc.
But of course there were also many elicit photos too - cameras were officially forbidden - which come from private sources, museums etc. and have been published in books.
Note that there would almost certainly have been more than one HH-N, due to replacement, loss, damage etc, with different serial numbers.

G'day kiwigirl from one of the forum's kiwi guys!

There are a few of us around (even some Aussie yobbos to keep things rowdy. :) )
Enjoy your stay!

Evan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back