Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seattle Seahawks

• Arizona Cardinals

• St. Louis Rams

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerAdlerIstGelandet

Private Chemtrail Disperser
Staff
Mod
Nov 8, 2004
USA/Germany
Well the 2009 Season is almost upon us. The Pre Season has begun.This is the thread to talk about anything NFL for the 2009 season. What is your favorite team? Who are you expecting to win? Who is doing what? Player news, injuries, etc...

Last edited:
I predict the Vikings will choke, Oh, wait that's not much of a prediction they always choke;)
I must say though, there is a lot of talent on this team. Now if whomever wins the starting Quarterback posistion steps up, and if Chilly (aka Mr. Noodle) can get a bit creative and less conservative in his play calling they will be a formidable team. Time will tell.

I'm a homer - had to pick the Eagles (as long as they stay healthy which ain't looking good at the moment!!) But the 49ers I think will surprise everyone.

I dunno Njaco, they are having a horrible camp up at Bethlehem. Johnson is gone, two of their starters just got busted for driving around the town at O-dark 30 with the lights off, high as kites, more than one starter is out and there just isn't a jell feeling. Think the Birds will do well but see the Cowboys, much as I hate to say it, as more of a threat.

Hate to say it but I think NE is going to be an offensive powerhouse (not so much on defense) and have something to prove all around. AFC is going to be the league this year. NFC? Not so much.

yeah, once again.

I can't help but feel that the talking heads on WIP and ESPN radio are setting us up for another fall. No Bradley or Johnson or Bdawk. Seabiscuit is getting old and Buckie ain't there to back him up. Deshawn needs to mature and where the 'ell is Anderws??!!

Here are my predictions:

AFC Playoff Teams
New England Patriots
Baltimore Ravens
Buffalo Bills
San Diego Chargers
Indianapolis Colts
Pittsburgh Steelers

NFC Playoff Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
New York Giants
Minnesota Vikings
Atlanta Falcons
New Orleans Saints
San Francisco 49ers

Offensive MVP
Adrian Peterson, RB - Minnesota Vikings

Defensive MVP
Patrick Willis, OLB - San Francisco 49ers

Top AFC QB's
Peyton Manning - IND
Tom Brady - NE
Phillip Rivers - SD
Carson Palmer - CIN
Trent Edwards - BUF

Top NFC QB's
Drew Brees - NO
Donovan McNabb - PHI
Tony Romo - DAL
Shaun Hill - SF
Aaron Rodgers - GB

Top AFC RB's
Maurice Jones-Drew - JAC
LaDainian Tomlinson - SD
Chris Johnson - TEN
Ronnie Brown - MIA
Steve Slaton - HOU

Top NFC RB's
Frank Gore - SF
Adrian Peterson - MIN
Matt Forte - CHI
DeAngelo Williams - CAR
Michael Turner - ATL

Top AFC WR
Andre Johnson - HOU
Randy Moss - NE
Reggie Wayne - IND
Santonio Holmes - PIT
Wes Welker - NE

Top NFC WR
Larry Fitzgerald - ARI
Anquan Boldin - ARI
Calvin Johnson - DET
Steve Smith - CAR
Marques Colston - NO

Top AFC Defense
Baltimore Ravens
Pittsburgh Steelers
New York Jets
Tennessee Titans
San Diego Chargers

Top NFC Defense
New York Giants
Chicago Bears
San Francisco 49ers
Minnesota Vikings
Dallas Cowboys

I am sure the 49ers will improve quite a bit over last year. Singletary made a big impact, and the team showed a big attitude change in the few games he was head coach. I expect them to be much better this year, not sure about making the playoffs, but I am hopeful. (Maybe I am expecting them to make the playoffs and just do not want to jinx them by proclaiming it) :)

If dreams could come true, the 49ers go to the Super Bowl and Craptree sits at home watching the team he could have been a apart of go to the big game!

Attachments

• 49ERS.bmp
    89.2 KB · Views: 310
Last edited:
I hate to say it, because I dislike both teams, but this year's championship could be a rematch between the Giants and the Patriots.

The Chargers have talent comparable to those two, but not nearly the coaching.

TO

yeah, once again.

I can't help but feel that the talking heads on WIP and ESPN radio are setting us up for another fall. No Bradley or Johnson or Bdawk. Seabiscuit is getting old and Buckie ain't there to back him up. Deshawn needs to mature and where the 'ell is Anderws??!!

Sounds like the Eagles of the 70s, Back to the future!

Bold predictions there, Adler. 49ers make the playoffs and the Cowboys don't!!! Believe me, I'd love to see the Cowfags go 0-16, but they are better than the 49er's. (unfortunately)

I gotta stay with my Steelers. No reason they can't repeat.

It will be interesting to see what Brady can do in New England this year. He has a great O line with very dangerous receivers, so if he can stay vertical, it may get ugly.

Bold predictions there, Adler. 49ers make the playoffs and the Cowboys don't!!! Believe me, I'd love to see the Cowfags go 0-16, but they are better than the 49er's. (unfortunately)

I stand by my predictions. I do not think the Cowpatties are as good as people think they are. I think they will crumble and be the biggest surprise falter this year. On the other hand, I think the Niners will be the biggest surprise on the rise this year. They will make the playoffs, but I do not think they will make it past the first round. 3 years and they are in the Super Bowl.

Just my thoughts though...

(If I had to swap Dallas out with another team, it would be the Vikings though. I think the Vikings will be the weakest of the bunch that make the playoffs. Sure they have a great running back, but I am worried about the QB.)

So yeah in that sense, I guess you are right. I could have put the Cowboys in their and taken out the Vikings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back