NFL 2012 Thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerAdlerIstGelandet

Private Chemtrail Disperser
Staff
Mod
Nov 8, 2004
USA/Germany
Well the Super Bowl is over, and with that the 2011 Season is behind us. Here we can discuss the 2012 Off Season, Pre Season and Season coming upon us.

Important Dates:

Feb. 22-28, 2012 - NFL Scouting Combine
More than 300 top prospects for the 2012 NFL Draft will be invited to participate at the combine in Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis. This event is a vital step in athletes achieving their NFL dreams. Follow this event on NFL.com and NFL Network.

Mar. 13, 2012 - Free Agency Starts

Apr. 26-28, 2012 - NFL Draft
The NFL Draft returns to primetime in 2012, with the first round taking place Thurs., April 26, followed by the second and third rounds on Fri., April 27. Rounds 4-7 will be held Sat., April 28.

July 27, 2012 - Training Camp Begins

Sept. 8, 2012 - NFL 2012 Season Begins

The most note worthy things I'll be watching is 1) where Peyton ends up or if he can even play and 2) the movement of all the free agent wide recievers.

Notable free agents
WR - DeSean Jackcon, Vincent Jackson, Dwayne Bowe, Steve Johnson, Marques Colston Wes Welker, Reggie Wayne, Pierre Garcon, Jerome Simpson, Robert Meachem, Mario Manningham. Granted some will resign and one or two will be franchised, but this is a very talented free agent class. Also, don't forget Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, Hines Ward, Donald Driver, and Plaxico Burress.

Hines Ward is worthless in the NFL now.

I'm expecting Jets to sign Braylon back, Jason Snelling, and Cliff Avril. Then fill the rest of the holes like safety and RT through the draft.

And Wheels, Miami is 2 years away from being bowl eligible :lol:

I agree Messy. Here is my take on where the wide receiver will go. By listing as free agent, I mean they will change teams.

DeSean Jackson - Free agent
Vincent Jackson - Free agent
Dwayne Bowe - Resign with KC or franchised, but he isn't leaving the team.
Steve Johnson - Franchised as they are far apart in negotiations and Buffalo doesn't want to lose him.
Marques Colston - Free agent
Wes Welker - Resign
Reggie Wayne - Free agent because of age, but it depends on Peyton
Pierre Garcon - Resign, but it depends on Peyton
Jerome Simpson - free agent
Robert Meachem - free agent
Mario Manningham - Resign
Randy Moss - possibly signed, but I have my doubts. He will get picked before Terrell does.
Terrell Owens - no chance
Hines Ward - I believe Pittsburgh will let him go! :(
Donald Driver - I think he will sign a 1 yr deal and stay with the Packers.
Plaxico Burress. - Free agent

The Eagles are expected to Franchise DeSean Jackson, if they do not come to terms with a deal. I don't think he is going anywhere. Would love to see him San Fran though.

I've always respected Payton. He always seemed like a stand up guy. He definitely could have taken the negative route and caused a ton of trouble and spoken with the media about how he should still have his job, how he was screwed over, etc. but he didn't. He and Irsay took the correct approach and both realized what needed to be done for the benefit of the team, and for Payton. It's refreshing to see a event like this happen with the way it did. It will bring a positive aspect to the closure for Manning, the Colts, and for Colts fans that everything was handled as decently and positive as possible.

We know Irsay will be the heavy in this and take all the negative heat, but from the business side of football, IMO, this is the 100% correct thing to do. These guys can't play forever and when you have the opportunity to take someone as good as Luck is thought to be, you have to move on.

49er's just got worse over night. Randy Moss, really? He was a great receiver in his time, but his time has passed IMHO. Just like his last stint with the Vikings I don't see him contributing much to San Fran and from what I've heard was a cancer in the locker room.

P.S. Make sure S.F. notifies all the Meter Maids in the area that Randy Moss is in town, he has been known to knock run them down on occasion.

49er's just got worse over night. Randy Moss, really? He was a great receiver in his time, but his time has passed IMHO. Just like his last stint with the Vikings I don't see him contributing much to San Fran and from what I've heard was a cancer in the locker room.

P.S. Make sure S.F. notifies all the Meter Maids in the area that Randy Moss is in town, he has been known to knock run them down on occasion.

You are looking at it all wrong. The Niners got better, far from worse. The man can still run great routs, has great hands and is fast as hell (ran a 4.3, 40 yard dash). His problem is not his skills and ability, it is his heart. If his heart is in it, he can be the best receiver in the league. If it is not it, well...

Anyhow this a win win situation for both parties.

1. The contract was cheap. It is only 1 year and almost completely insentive based. If he does not produce, he does not get paid.

2. Under the terms of the contract the Niners can release him at any time. No guarantees.

3. Moss gets to prove himself, and this he wants to do.

For a team with no clear Number 1 WR, this was a very good decision.

Last edited:
You are looking at it all wrong. The Niners got better, far from worse. The man can still run great routs, has great hands and is fast as hell (ran a 4.3, 40 yard dash). His problem is not his skills and ability, it is his heart. If his heart is not in it, he can be the best receiver in the league. If it is not it, well...

Anyhow this a win win situation for both parties.

1. The contract was cheap. It is only 1 year and almost completely insentive based. If he does not produce, he does not get paid.

2. Under the terms of the contract the Niners can release him at any time. No guarantees.

3. Moss gets to prove himself, and this he wants to do.

For a team with no clear Number 1 WR, this was a very good decision.

Time will tell, I'm just speaking from the two times he was with the Vikings. I don't think it takes much for Randy to get dis-interested in football if he is not the main target, maybe he's changed after his year off, but I have my reservations.

I think it's a good signing too. If Alex throws the ball just 5 or 6 more times a game to Randy, that will take a little bit of the load off Gore. That could extend the life of their RB for a bit longer

I think it's a good signing too. If Alex throws the ball just 5 or 6 more times a game to Randy, that will take a little bit of the load off Gore. That could extend the life of their RB for a bit longer

Time will tell Kemosabe, time will tell. If he feels he's being used enough he seems fine, if not he seems to give up (remember the "I play when I want to" comment when he was with the Vikings first time round)?
I guess we'll just have to see which Randy Moss shows up, and how long he sticks around. At least the Vikings didn't sign him for the third time;)

He will be the No. 1 WR, so he will get the ball enough. If he does not pan out, then we release him and he gets know money. He has to play well to get paid, that is what an incentive based contract does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back