NFL cancellin NFL Europe, possible International games.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Jugulator

Airman 1st Class
Jun 29, 2007
Sarasota, Florida, U.S.A
I saw it at Applebees on the NFL Network, and here's a little snippet from Wikipedia

Cease of operations

On June 29, 2007, NFL officials announced that the league would be disbanded effective immediately[1], calling the decision a sound business move that will allow for a stronger international focus on regular-season games outside the United States.

The announcement came less than a week after the Hamburg Sea Devils beat the Frankfurt Galaxy 37-28 in the World Bowl championship in Frankfurt before a crowd of 48,125.

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell thanked the fans for their support but said it was time to develop a new international strategy, terming the move to fold NFL Europa the "best business decision." The league reportedly was losing about $30 million a season.

30 million a season is chicken feed for the NFL. Well, probably knew other stuff that is not in the report. Soccer is so much bigger in Europe that it is doubtful football would ever be more than a minor sport.

Well, you'd think it ( I did) but Football has a strong hold in Russia, Germany, the Netherlands, and Japan (Japan actually has a professional league called the X-League, and every year they hold the Rice Bowl. Really fun to watch, cause those ****ers are fast!)

30 million a season is chicken feed for the NFL. Well, probably knew other stuff that is not in the report. Soccer is so much bigger in Europe that it is doubtful football would ever be more than a minor sport.

Actually in Germany American Football is very big over here. Not as big as Soccer but very big. There is an American Football team in almost every decent sized town or city and even a National League.

A friend of mine used to play for the Ansbach team but has not played since an injury.

NFL Europe was also very big here in Germany. I even went a watch the World Bowl once when it was in Frankfurt and saw a few games. It is quite big.

Bummer. Like I said, 30 million is chicken feed for the NFL. They can afford it. Killing the league is kinda odd (the salary cap per team in the US is something like 70 million).

It does not matter to me that they killed it. Football will still be very big here and they will still have the National League and regional leagues to watch until I return to the States and can go to 49ers games again.

The thing I hated about NFL Europe was that there were too many American players. I felt that it should be almost entirely european, with Americans being in the minority.

You know what would be great? If National teams around the world win their respective championship games, then did a playoff run against each other to determine who would play in one big world bowl. when that happens, football will truly be a global sport (besides the fact that it is already played in many countries.)

It would never be big eneogh for that outside of the US and a few other places. Soccer allready does that and that takes up too much time for the rest of the world.

That is why I like soccer as well as football because it is such an international event.

I can't stand soccer. The lack of strategy, the lack of masculinity and aggression, the lack of action, etc. I love football for two reasons: It's our Gladiator sport, and it is Chess on steroids (not literally). A lot of soccer (and especially rugby) players believe that Football is an inferior game played by "prissy fat men afraid to get hit." But they don't know the half of it. Football=Controlled Warfare.

I can't stand soccer. The lack of strategy, the lack of masculinity and aggression, the lack of action, etc.

You obviously have not watched a real soccer game outside of the US then. There is more strategy than you think, I would even go as far as saying more than in American Football (I used to play soccer and American Football in High School so I sort of know). Lack of masculinity? Go and chase after a ball for 90+ minutes or become more secure with your own sexuality. Lack of Aggression? Again you obviously have not watched a real match. Aggression does not have to be tackling the guy with the ball... Lack of Action? Again you obviously have not watched a real game before.

Soccer is full of all of the above plus passion and emotion. It is a woderful sport especially when the World Cup comes around. You should have been here in Germany during the World Cup last year, was truely amazing and a great time.

You dont having anything like that in the States even among NFL or MLB fans.

I know because I used to live in the States and would follow my favorite team (49ers) around and go to the games. You dont have the passion that the world has for soccer in the United States (for any sport as a matter of fact).

Dont take me wrong. My favorite sport in American Football followed by Soccer and then Hockey.

I said lack of masculinity so I didn't have to say girly men who fall down and pretend to be hurt to get a penalty kick. And I have seen some international soccer games on tv. I tried to watch them, but the fake injuries and lack of any apparent strategy other than get in such and such formation and then try to score, then get in such and such formation and try again.

Not to mention they kept kicking it over the goal. I mean, how hard can it be to kick it on the ground?

Now, I know that soccer has it's crazy moments, I've seen footage, and it's great and all. It's got a history, and I respect that. But to me, it sucks, and no one can turn me onto it. And what was that crank about me being more secure in my sexuality. Chill out man, lol, I'm half jokin with that post.

Every sport has passion and emotion, but they are expressed differently, and Soccer's way just doesn't do it for me.

I said lack of masculinity so I didn't have to say girly men who fall down and pretend to be hurt to get a penalty kick.

Yes that happens sometimes, but not in all games. Dont judge it until you have a proper knowledge of the game.

Jugulator said:
And I have seen some international soccer games on tv. I tried to watch them, but the fake injuries and lack of any apparent strategy other than get in such and such formation and then try to score, then get in such and such formation and try again.

Again because you dont understand the talent and strategy of the game. If you would actually try and learn it then you would understand.

Never judge a book by its cover. It is one of hte biggest lessons a yound lad like yourself could learn.

Jugulator said:
Not to mention they kept kicking it over the goal. I mean, how hard can it be to kick it on the ground?

Go and try it in the middle of a heated match...

Jugulator said:
But to me, it sucks, and no one can turn me onto it.

Thats an opinion and you are entitled to it and that is all good. I dont judge your for that. What I dont like is people that rant and rant about it but have no true knowledge of the game.

Jugulator said:
And what was that crank about me being more secure in my sexuality. Chill out man, lol, I'm half jokin with that post.

I was not being serious either. You have to be thick skinned in this forum. We are a brutal bunch here.

Jugulator said:
Every sport has passion and emotion, but they are expressed differently, and Soccer's way just doesn't do it for me.

And that is fine as I said above.

Baseball and Basketball dont do it for me. Everyone has there own favorite sports.

I watch soccer/football here every now and then (Newcastle and Sunderland), I also enjoy NFL football (Minnesota Vikings), NBL (LA Dodgers) and NHL (Boston Bruins)...
I have to agree with jugular when it comes to filming, some players should be awarded an academy award like the Oscars. I know though that they're working hard to fix, some players have been sent off for filming. Even though getting hit by a NFL player feels like being hit by a fast running freight train, some tackles(?) that you see in soccer/football makes you reach for your legs and scream OUCH!
I won't say anything more before Adler write in my post that I have to go and play with my boyfriend again or something similar, right? He's the one to talk though, he's playing with Barbie dolls! :lol: :lol:
Oh yeah and Im going out tonight so I am putting on my best lace panties and short mini skirt and bright pink lipstick.

Father Les you mean Adler? That's true, you better watch what you say here, it'll come back and haunt you forever.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back