Nice and useless: wordcloud of ww2aircraft

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Marcel

rotartsinimdA
Staff
Admin
Mod
Sep 19, 2006
Dordrecht
www.redbeatband.nl
I was alone at home today and decided to do something useless. I programmed a little webcrawler for this site that can read posts in a thread and make a tagcloud out of it. Not very sophisticated and could be much better I suppose. The clouds were programmed by me in an afternoon, so they are not overly pretty. Pretty useless, but fun.

I give you an example. If you want to know what kind of weather we usually have, I can set the crawler on the thread http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/off-topic-misc/weather-where-you-live-27460.html and I get the following wordcloud:
weather.png

You can see that it is as often sunny as it is raining. Little less snow, and less cloudy.

If you look in the what are you doing today http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/off-topic-misc/what-you-doing-now-31723.html you see that we are 'watching' a lot, Quoting is a major pastime (probably from the
tag, have to filter that one out) and we like coffee.:
whatdoing.png

The 'originally', posted and quot are words that come back all the time as they are part of the forum's template software. Have to add the mot the filter, I guess.
Can make more if you want. THe cheered you up thread will probably have a lot of bacon in it ;)

Adjusted the filter a bit. Seems like Maria and Wayne are the only members that cheer us up:
cheered.png

The fixed 'what are you doing cloud shows clearly that we mostly drink coffee, and look what appears at the bottom of the cloud... bacon :D :
whatdoing.png

Adjusted the filter a bit. Seems like Maria and Wayne are the only members that cheer us up:
View attachment 253684

The fixed 'what are you doing cloud shows clearly that we mostly drink coffee, and look what appears at the bottom of the cloud... bacon :D :
View attachment 253685

Wayne, Maria, Coffee and Bacon... seems like a good combination to brighten your day :D

Guys, I thought up a little project but I need help.

I could extend my little spider to crawl through a more extended part of the forum and collect as much data as possible. Then get all ww2 aircraft names and make a nice cloud of all aircraft we talk about. Would be interesting I think? We could see which aircraft are mentioned the most.

Now I would need a list of as much ww2 aircraft possible, including their nicknames. I thought people could help me with that. Maybe I should make a request in the aviation forum where people could notice?

Thanks Dave, okay here it is then, the breaking news thread.:
br2.png

If you look closely, you can see that V2 and Lucky13 are really fond of both girls and guys :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back