Nightwish news! new singer

Discussion in 'Music' started by Heinz, May 29, 2007.

1. Heinz

Heinz Active Member

Student, Musician, Writer, Thinker, Shelf Stacker...
    New singer y0:D

Quote:
    Finnish symphonic metallers NIGHTWISH have recruited 35-year-old Swedish singer Anette Blyckert (a.k.a. Anette Olzon) to replace Tarja Turunen.

Regarding her musical background, Anette said, "I was raised in a musical family and I've been singing since childhood. My mom also forced me to play the oboe for 8 years! I toured constantly with my mom and her band in my childhood, sometimes I even sang on stage with them.

"After I turned 13, I started competing in several talent shows. I joined my first real band when I was 17, it was a cover band and all the other musicians were older than me. After playing cover songs, I joined a band called ALYSON AVENUE, first just as a studio singer, later as their leading lady. We've released 2 albums since 2000.

"At the age of 21, I played the leading role in a rock opera/musical called 'Gränsland' in Helsingborg. After that I got in to the Balettakademien in Gothenburg. In addition to the already mentioned, I've been in several other bands over the years, I've sung in choirs, done studio work for various projects and I've even occasionally been a wedding singer. Recently I sang a duet with Michael Bormann (ex-JADED HEART singer) on his album 'Conspiracy'. During my singing career I've sung nearly every kind of music that there is!

"In my earlier days I took singing lessons at the Copenhagen Music Conservatorie, in Helsingör, Denmark with a private teacher. Nowadays, when its needed, I take lessons from a private teacher at the Malmö Music University

[​IMG]

http://www.nightwish.com/files/audio/SevenMP3.mp3 - "7 Days to the Wolves

http://www.nightwish.com/files/audio/MasterMP3.mp3 - "Master Passion Greed"

http://www.nightwish.com/files/audio/AmarMP3.mp3 - "Amaranth"

7 Days is probably the best one to gauge Alyssa's vocals contrasting with the new tunes. With only 30 seconds worth of audio each, there isn't much of substance to judge by, but it does sound pretty good. Looking forward to the new album heaps!!

2. DerAdlerIstGelandet

DerAdlerIstGelandet Der Crew Chief
    Staff Member Moderator

A&P - Aircraft Technician
    Yeah I read this on Blabbermouth a day or two ago. I wish her luck. For as much as Tarja was a stuck up bitch she could sing and therefore Anette is going to have some new shoes to fill.

I have allways loved Nightwish so I hope she does a good job.

3. Heinz

Heinz Active Member

Student, Musician, Writer, Thinker, Shelf Stacker...
    Indeed!

I think their Cover of Phatom of the Opera where Tarja lets rip this extremely high octave note really showed her talent. Unfortunately her and her husband are not the nicest people :(

4. Cyrano

Cyrano Member

Student engineer
    #4 Cyrano, May 30, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2011
    [​IMG]

5. Negative Creep

I did think this would be the end of the road for them, which was a shame as Once was their best yet. My soundcard is broken so I can't listen to the samples, but will certainly check the new album out!

6. Cyrano

Cyrano Member

Student engineer
    #6 Cyrano, May 30, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2011
    [​IMG]

7. DerAdlerIstGelandet

DerAdlerIstGelandet Der Crew Chief
    Staff Member Moderator

A&P - Aircraft Technician
    That certainly was a good song. My favorite from them is The End of All Hope.

They just announced European Tour Dates. All up in Scandanavia. I hope they come down to Germany as well.

8. v2

v2 Well-Known Member