No big sellers in sight to save troubled Chrysler (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Personally, I think that the three big names in the industry has lost their touch...
Those tiny wee Chevys, Chryslers or whatever that you see over here....those aren't Chevys etc. to me.
There was a time when you could stage a MLB, NFL or a NHL game in the boot of a '59 Chrysler New Yorker or Olds 98.... 8) :lol:

I don't agree about the costs of benefits. If that were true, then Toyota, Honda and others would not have opened manufacturing plants in the US.

The benefits provided to the average auto worker make their wage equivialnt to $73/hr . The benefits carry on to the retirees and and the cost of this is mammoth . 100000 whitecollar workers from GM just lost there benefits from the company and will now recieve cash instead to find their own plans. I'm not up on health care costs but would 300 a month buy a good plan for an elderly worker and his spouse

No PB it would not,my brother-in-law is an engineer with USS in Birmingham.The cost of health insurance at that age is high 600+ a month last I heard him talk(couple years ago) as they were doing further retirement planning.But,when you talk about the Union guys it's all paided for in there pension plan viva USS agreements with steel unions.I think this is whats killing GM as all US Automakers in the US as they move forward in the competetive global market.The other thing I heard this week was that the Nissan,Toyota,Mercedes etc... down south have much much lower labor involved in production and if memory serves me right $48/hr to the $73/hr and is there a union in these foreign firms??I concurr with others here no bailout unless they can restructure the contracts to make the company a viable source of profit in good as well as tuff economic times.Another note heard 2nd hand GMAC might of been involved in the housing market viva Di-Tech???sounds like the Insurance market playing in other areas not of there expertise all for the almighty shareholder.

Several sources have told me the US Gov't is going to bail out GM but on a condition they pull all their jobs back to the US . Are we talking trade wars

Users who are viewing this thread

Back