eBay: North American B-25 Mitchell

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

1944 NOSE ART PHOTO - TOUCH OF TEXAS - 38th BOMB GROUP

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
PROP WASH 12th Bomb Group BG

s-l1600.jpg

And one more. This time with a different crew or maybe the a/c was used as a background for crew photos.
Blonde Bomber was a B-25D-20 with s/n 41-30768 from the 22nd BG. in New Guinea:
View attachment 696984
Cheers!
P.S. Later I'll re-post the same photo in the "B-25 weapons"-thread because of an interesting detail.
Everyone looks happy except for the guy on the far left, assuming he's the guy keeping it airworthy after the hotshots abuse it, 😂

Blonde Bomber Nude ORIGINAL 1943 Photo Plane Nose Art WWII Air Force Army NR

B-25D-20 41-30768 Blond Bomber from the 22nd BG. in New Guinea

View attachment 703140

View attachment 703142

View attachment 703141

View attachment 703135

Pop Craweford , Bob Laurie , John Findfley Percy Donack Co. Naozab 1943

Strange Nadzab 1944 other crew same plane same amount of missions

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Strange Nadzab 1944 other crew same plane same amount of missions
As I mentioned this earlier about "Blonde Bomber", the squadron photographer probably used her as a background for many (all) crew-photos. Maybe the nose-art was so impressive? Who knows...

No the difference in year. 1943 vs 1944. Same amount of missions.
This could be a mistake - check the metal mat on the right side and the landscape behind. The open pilot's window, the position of the ball socket - everything is the same. I doubt it could stay so for a longer period.
P.S. I checked this now: 22nd BG. moved to Nadzab between 19 Dec. 1943 and 24. Jan 1944 (each squadron moved differently). If the photos were done in the last days of 1943 and in the first days of 1944, this might explain the difference. Or it's just a mistake...

Last edited:
This could be a mistake - check the metal mat on the right side and the landscape behind. The opened window, the position of the ball socket - everything is the same. I doubt it could stay so for a longer period.
P.S. I checked this now: 22nd BG. moved to Nadzab between 19 Dec. 1943 and 24. Jan 1944 (each squadron moved differently). If the photos were done in the last days of 1943 and in the first days of 1944, this might explain the difference. Or it's just a mistake...
They did the same thing back in their B-26 days, most photos I have of the 22nd are in front of at most two different B-26s, the noseart is somewhat visible in all of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back