eBay: North American P-51 Mustang (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

What's up with the small dot in the star? Saw that in the US Hurricane pic as well.

Fuselage ID/formation lights. Usually in two positions on both port and starboard sides. Not sure if these were unique to the 357th FG but after taking a quick look though my Mustang pic database, I seem to only find them on *some* late war D's of the 357th. One in basically the center of the star and the other, forward one right by the data block. Both can be seen in the picture below. I also have some starboard shots of some other a/c ("Butch Baby" being one) where both can be seen as well.

P-51D Little Sweetie 4 Col. Evans 357 FG.jpg

WW2 USAAF B-17 "PEG ON MY HEART" 42-107061 388TH BG PRESS TYPE PHOTO | eBay

B-17 Douglas-Long Beach B-17G-35-DL 42-107061 | American Air Museum in Britain Peg O' My Heart
Delivered Tulsa 9/2/44; Gr Island 18/2/44; Assigned 561BS/388BG Knettishall 13/3/44; Missing in Action Laon 8/5/44 with Searl Pickett, Co-pilot: Bob Roan, Navigator: Bob Shields, Bombardier: Mervin Jacobs, Flight engineer/top turret gunner: Bob Abar (5 Prisoner of War); Radio Operator: Harry Woods, Ball turret gunner: Warren McLaughlin, Waist gunner: Ed Hoffpauir, Waist gunner: John Hollish,Tail gunner: Bill Hege (5 Killed in Action); enemy aircraft, crashed on Bremen road 15 miles E of Hoya, Ger. Missing Air Crew Report 4581. PEG OF MY HEART.

1617358738903.png

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back