North Korean Air show (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The Basket

Senior Master Sergeant
Jun 27, 2007
North Korean air show looks amazing.
Some really good stuff on view.
Maybe we are supposed to laugh at them but if you love your jets then you gifts wish u were there.

Many countries still use MiG -21 as interceptor.
Also on show were Su-25, MiG-29, Hughes 500, Mi-8, Il-62, Il-76, Tu-134, Tu-154, Il-18 and what looks like an Antonov twin maybe An-24.

So that's plenty and that is an impressive lineup for an aviation enthusiast

I think the most surprising aspect of the airshow, is that they allowed video to be taken and distrubuted to the "outside", which is a very rare occasion. I'm also pretty sure the videographer was "accompanied", too.

As for the MiG-21, yes, there's several nations that still operate it...even a few European countries (Croatia and Romania come to mind) but it's still kind of unusual to see them, in a way. We tend to think of the MiG-21 as a museum piece for the most part.

Of course they are showing what they want to show.
But still impressive line up.
MiG-21 still looks good and the two ship was nice.
Interesting which MiG-29 variant that was Fulcrum C? If they got sanctions then keeping aircraft flying is certainly eye catching

The NK airline Air Koryo do pleasure flights for aviation enthusiast as they still fly Soviet era jets which are now rare.
Not necessarily my bag but fair play to them as taking a flight in an Il-62 certainly would be dream come true for an aviation fan. Wouldn't mind myself but not bothered enough to put my hand in me pocket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back