Northrup F-5E Tiger II kits

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

kgambit

Tech Sergeant
May 29, 2006
North Carolina
I'm looking for a 1:72 scale version of the Northrup F-5E.

I know that Italeri made a couple but they are OOP - thought I had one but RedFrogHobbies didn't update it's inventory. Anyone seen one online?

Airfix supposedly has a new one - but I have no idea if it's new tooling, a re-release or an ancient kit reboxed. Any info?

Any help that anyone can offer would be gratefully appreciated. Any chance that someone has one of the Italeri kits that they want to trade or sell?

If I don't have any luck I might just have to break down and get one of the new 1:48 AFV CLUB F-5Es; but 39$ is more than I had planned on spending.

Last edited:
I saw an Italeri not long ago...will check the LHS for you.

Thanks mate. Let me know what you find. :)

Dwight, also you can try to find the Trumpeter kit #10

Thanks Wojtek, I forgot about that one. Did an extensive search and can't find the Trumpeterversion. So far all I've found is the 1:72 Airfix gift packaging (comes with paints, brushes etc - stuff I do not need) and the AFV CLub version at 1:48. Still looking.

I've recently seen the Italeri 1/72nd scale kit, and another one, can't remember who's, as i don't normally look at 1/72nd scale. far as i know, the Airfix kit has not been re-tooled, so will likely be the original kit from the late 1960's, in which case it's not an F5E, but an early F5 'Freedom Fighter'.
In 1/48th the Italeri kit is still around, which I think is ex-Esci (more than likely, a thats what became Italeri) and it's a nice kit. Apart from the new AFV Club kit, I've also seen another, I think from Academy, in 1/48th scale.
I'll have a look aroun d over here and let you know if I find anything.

King Kit have a few in 1/72nd scale and 1/48th, including the Italeri and monogram Hi-tech kn the latter. Go to King Kit (they're in Shifnal, Shropshie, UK) and enter 'F5E' in the search box, and it'll bring up all the kit they have (Note, it'll also show any kit with a similar nunber or name, so you'll have to scroll through the lists), some of which are out of production, but in stock there. They are a good company to deal with, and their shipping charges are reasonable.

eBay as a couple of Airfix's, they also have a number of ones from "Starfix" - which I have never heard of. They also have 1 Revell.

Thanks everyone!

Got a reply from Airfix as well to add to the mix. The latest "gift pack" of the F-5E is a repackaging of the earlier F-5E Tiger from 1983, and not the F-5A from 1966!

Thanks for the tip on the Starfix kits VB. I'm passing on those based on reviews I've read.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back