Not my build, but WOW!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Exceptionally well done, especially with a known 'dog' of a kit.
A tad 'heavy' on the panels and weathering for my taste, but very good indeed.

Beyond WOW and Impressive. However my oft heard litany: All that time, energy, and skill to what end? Sealed up inside the fuselage never to be seen again. Were it not for the construction photos who would know

It almost makes me want to stop posting my build pictures. Whether I have the skill to do what he did is not really the question. The question is: do I want to devote three months just to detail a cockpit? In my opinion, no. I've found several masters on the forum scene who simply push the envelop so far mere mortals hardly can comprehend what they're thinking. The fact that he vacuum formed his own transparency and prop spinners. Wow! Thanks for finding it.

Same guy built an SBD-3 like I am currently building. Wow, not something I can match but his build report did have great information I can use. Skill like that is out there, kind of like Paul Budzik, seriously doubt I will attain that level but it is certainly awesome to see! Besides I am having fun and getting better which is my only goal. It is why I do not enjoy the rivet counters and "officially" sanctioned contests, takes the fun out of it. I enjoy watching them, just not participating.

Well in that case, I ACTUALLY whittled me some working sparkplugs from some porcelain and steel, then wound magnetos and starter motors for my B-29 engines...'course you can't really see them...Honest!!! I did

Users who are viewing this thread

Back