Not often seen Bf-109 photos

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Chocks away!

Senior Airman
Jan 16, 2005
Cyprus
Hello, you might be aware of this site: Falcon's Messerschmitt Bf 109 Hangar.
It has a monumental photography collection, every time I visit something new pops up.
I'm sharing some that I liked:

First is a Bf 109 B-2 of Jg-2 with some highly unusual artwork, with Betty Boop and Mikey Mouse! 8)

A Bf-109 E-3 of Jg-26.

A Bf-109 G-4/R2 perhaps over Italy?

Bf-109 G-6 flown by Romanian ace Constantin Cantacuzzino, to deliver the highest ranking American pow in Romania, Lt. Col. James Gunn III to the allied base at Foggia.

Bf-109 G-14/AS of the Croatian air force surrendered in Italy.

Bf-109 F-4(?) of the Regia Aeronautica i think.

Attachments

• Picture 4.jpg
    Picture 4.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 979
  • Picture 5.jpg
    Picture 5.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 1,410
  • Picture 3.jpg
    Picture 3.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 956
  • Picture 6.jpg
    Picture 6.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 985
  • Picture 8.jpg
    Picture 8.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 979
  • Picture 7.jpg
    Picture 7.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 985
  • n857240031_2206396_1727.jpg
    n857240031_2206396_1727.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 930
Very nice pics! Judging by the early-style fuselage Balkencreuz, and the snow, I think the JG26 Bf109 is well before the Battle of Britain, possibly January or February 1940. It was the severe winter, with clear skies, that were one of the reasons for extending the RLM 65 Hellblau camouflage colour up the fuselage sides. By about August, most of JG26 had applied a mottle to the fuselage, although some aircraft of II/JG26 maintained the 'plain' fuselage until at least late September.

That pic is probably from 4./JG 26 at Dortmund in February 1940. If you have Jadgewaffe: Luftwaffe Colours Vol. 1 Sec. 4 by Eric Mombeek they have two pages of pics from that same time.

On the last pic I think it's a B109 from reggia aeronotica because of the Italian pilot and the Italian aircraft in the background.

But the type of the messerschmitt might be wrong I think it's more a Bf109 G-2 than a F model because of the front canopy and the model of wheel.
And as you know the G-2 model use the same rims than the F model like on this picture (that's why It can't be a G-4).

Thanks for the pics!! :D

On the last pic I think it's a B109 from reggia aeronotica because of the Italian pilot and the Italian aircraft in the background.

But the type of the messerschmitt might be wrong I think it's more a Bf109 G-2 than a F model because of the front canopy and the model of wheel.
And as you know the G-2 model use the same rims than the F model like on this picture (that's why It can't be a G-4).

I, disagree.
G-2 had strenghned (welded) windshield already. The windshield on last picture has thin frames and exterior armour glass - typical for Friedrichs. Moreover the engine cover has no small air intakes for spark plug cooling and oil cooler is flat type.

I'm sure it's Friedrich.

Ok I admitt my mistake.
But why there isn't the typical triangular glass on both side of the front canopy???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back