Now THIS is a Tight Formation!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

MIflyer

1st Lieutenant
May 30, 2011
Cape Canaveral
I have flown formation a little but nothing approaching this. From the EAA Magazine, Sport Aviation.

TightFormation1.jpg

Can any one tell what city they are flying over. Also at about 6:50 and again about 7:30 they pass over, just off the right nose, a campus of some sort with a concrete circle in the yard. Whatzit?

Can any one tell what city they are flying over. Also at about 6:50 and again about 7:30 they pass over, just off the right nose, a campus of some sort with a concrete circle in the yard. Whatzit?
Looks like a domed roof, perhaps a church of some sort?

Screenshot_2023-03-05-14-53-28.png

And it looks like the video contained footage taken at various times at different locations.

Thanks for the ident of the city. The flat land and plenty of water with boats made me think of the Gulf coast until is saw mountains in the background.

Bud Anderson turned 101 in January. Doing tolerably well...still the top living American ace among 15 or so remaining.
I would love to hear him say:
"Maverick? Never heard of the lady".

With a tip of the cap to Ward Carroll.

This is probably a Blue Angels appearance at Seattle's Seafair. They put on shows on August 6-7, 2022, so this may be from that performance. At 10:37 they do a pull up, and you're looking down at the North end of Mercer Island, with the I-90 floating bridge angling off to the right towards Seattle. At 10:42 you're looking down at Bellevue, with the Evergreen Point floating bridge angling off to the right on its way to the University of Washington complex and I-5. Since this is Seafair, all the little white specks you see in Lake Washington are boats, not white caps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back