Oblt Lenz Finster/141 sqd Beaufighter

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ian lanc

Senior Airman
Sep 30, 2007
mansfield, nottinghamshire
Hi Guys,

Looking for info on.....

Oblt Lenz Finster was killed 23/24 Dec '43 at Unteresbach 15Km SE of Cologne by 141 Sqd Beaufighter (F/Lt H C Kelsey P/O E M Smith)

Need info about Finster and this Beaufighter if any :(

thanks.
ian.

you may have this already .......... Obereutant Lenz Finster was killed his R/O bailed out wounded : Feldwebel Siegfried Beugel. flying Bf 110G-4 coded G9+HM of 4./NJG 1, werk nummer 740139.

Ian how did you confirm the Allied A/C and squadron ?

V8744 TW-V according to "Confounding the Reich" by Bowman. "Aces High" confirms the serial number, but doesn't have a squadron letter.

Ian how did you confirm the Allied A/C and squadron ?

Hello Erich,

Thanks we have all the info on Lenz Finster, my friend is in contact with Gerhard Bracke author of Gegen vielfache Ubermacht, Gerhard Bracke who is trying to find out as much as possible about the 141 SQD Baufighter piloted by F / Lt HC Kelsey P / O EM Smith. and the crew details of the 141 Sqd Baufighter have come from Theo Boiten author of NJWD and Colin Crisp 49 Sqd Association.

regards.
ian.

This was 100 Group's first "kill", though 141 Squadron had been taking A.I.-equipped Beaus over Europe since the middle of 1943. I believe the aircraft were equipped with Serrate in addition to radar, and were there to combat LW nightfighters.

Bob Braham pioneered this kind of offensive nightfighting, and any on- or off-line sources about him should have details of the plan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back