Office with a view

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Aggie08

Staff Sergeant
Apr 15, 2005
Texas
Cool!

Attachments

• 1282579.jpg
    1282579.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 145
I hated C-130s. Uncomfortable and the shitter only had a skirt to surround it. :lol:

Still it would have been fun to walk out onto the ramp.

I did not see the point in jumping out of a perfectly good flying plane.

For me, psychologically it is a tremendous boost to be able to suppress and control the fear... VERY empowering and applicable to other life challenges.

Once you relax and focus the adrenaline charge will melt your mind...

I only did it a few times but it was enough to make an impact!
:evil: :D :evil: :D :evil: :D :evil: :D :evil: :D

Me on a civilian static line jump:

Attachments

• parame.jpg
    parame.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 140
I logged more hours in a C-130 in 18 months than most do in a lifetime. They are cold, noisy and miserable, but they always got us home. I will never forget watching bullet holes appear in the flooring with that familiar "pip pip pip" sound. It was a little colder and louder, but we continued flying. You can hate them for their cold, noisy and generally uncomfortable interior, but you gotta love their durability.

I logged more hours in a C-130 in 18 months than most do in a lifetime. They are cold, noisy and miserable, but they always got us home. I will never forget watching bullet holes appear in the flooring with that familiar "pip pip pip" sound. It was a little colder and louder, but we continued flying. You can hate them for their cold, noisy and generally uncomfortable interior, but you gotta love their durability.

They certainly are a great aircraft. They have been the transport work horse for us in Iraq. When I got to go home for 2 weeks they flew me out on a C-130 but at the same time I did not trust her like I did my aircraft.

Nice pic! I'm oh so f**king jealous of those of you that flies, you sons of b**ches....8) 8) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Whenever ANY of you comes to Glasgow, look me up and I'll buy you a "few" beers and drams...! And every toast will go to those who serves or have served!

To me, jumping off the back ramp was a hell of a lot scarier then going out the side doors. I remember not so much as leaping off the ramp, but more so going weak at the knees and falling out! :lol:

Nice pic! I'm oh so f**king jealous of those of you that flies, you sons of b**ches....8) 8) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Whenever ANY of you comes to Glasgow, look me up and I'll buy you a "few" beers and drams...! And every toast will go to those who serves or have served!

Hehe - what's a "dram" now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back