Oil production facts and figures for P38

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

syscom3

Pacific Historian
Jun 4, 2005
Orange County, CA
Since P38 has not a clue about the oil industry, and who is exporting what, to which country, This thread is to educate him.

Oil imports to the USA, Crude oil only.

Top 15 countries, May 2006 data. Rate is Thousand barrels per day.

Canada 1868
Mexico 1576
Saudi 1457
Venzuela 1169
Nigeria 1075
Iraq 666 (the devils number!!!!)
Angola 379
Algeria 350
Russia 255
Ecuador 239
Kuwait 220
Columbia 185
UK 174
Norway 98
Brazil 96

I learned something too. Notice the absence of oil from Libya and the UAE?

And I had no idea that Brazil was an oil producer.

My god, syscom, you abuse P-38 for not knowing about oil production. And you didn't even realise Brazil produced oil? Next you'll be shocked to find Venezuala produces coal! :rolleyes:

plan_D said:
My god, syscom, you abuse P-38 for not knowing about oil production. And you didn't even realise Brazil produced oil? Next you'll be shocked to find Venezuala produces coal! :rolleyes:

huh?

DerAdlerIstGelandet said:
Thats really starting to take off here in Germany. Atleast non petrol fuels are that is.

Cool, the more options out there for energy, the better. Hate to think that every dollar we send over there for oil is going to come back to us in the form of something that goes "Bang" in the future. Kind of like sending Japan our scrap metal in the 30s to see it come whistling back in the form of shells and whatnot.

timshatz said:
Cool, the more options out there for energy, the better. Hate to think that every dollar we send over there for oil is going to come back to us in the form of something that goes "Bang" in the future. Kind of like sending Japan our scrap metal in the 30s to see it come whistling back in the form of shells and whatnot.

He's right.

timshatz said:

That was a really dumb comment there tim. If I misunderstood you then I am sorry and please inform me. Germany is not going to send anything back to the US that goes "bang". WW2 is over. Germany has changed, get over it now, it has been 60 years for christ sakes.

How did Germany get in there?

Whoops, reread the post. I got it now. Posting at cross purposes. Good for Germany on the various fuels it is using (the more the merrier on that one), bad for the west that every buck/euro/yen we send over there has the potential to come back in a form not of our choosing.

Im sorry I think you misunderstood you. Like I said if I did then I am sorry. I was talking about how Germany was starting to use other alternatives than petrol and you quoted that.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

While I dig up some more facts and figures for the oil industry, how about some of you members who live in Europe, Africa and Asia tell us how much you pay for fuel.

If you also know how much of the price is in tax's, let us know too.

everything but one of our jeeps, our lawnmower and our strimmer uses diesil on the farm, we don't get it at the pump we get it straight from the supplier so we pay less, but at the pumps petrol's about £1 a litre........

the lancaster kicks *** said:
everything but one of our jeeps, our lawnmower and our strimmer uses diesil on the farm, we don't get it at the pump we get it straight from the supplier so we pay less, but at the pumps petrol's about £1 a litre........

1 pound = $1.9

so thats $1.9 to the liter..... 3.8 liters to the gallon, so ....

3.8 times 1.9 = $7.22/gallon

Are you paying that much?

DerAdlerIstGelandet said:
Im sorry I think you misunderstood you. Like I said if I did then I am sorry. I was talking about how Germany was starting to use other alternatives than petrol and you quoted that.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

No worries dude, your English is far better than my German. And, having re-read it , my post could've been misconstrued to mean what you thought.

Like I said, no worries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back