old warrior

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Good question, Mike...

I wonder if any of the Bf109 or Fw190 aircraft of the Experten are still intact...those would be probably some of the higher scoring machines around as far as fighters go...

They actually switched planes several times in their career. If any of the Finnish 109s or Buffalos still exist, that would be my bet.

If we're talking air to air combat there's a number of Bf-109s in existence (not all flying of course).

List of surviving Messerschmitt Bf 109s - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

At the USAFA Steve Ritchie's 5 kill F-4 is on display as for bombers that saw combat you have Diamond Lil at USAF and Strawberry Bitch at the USAF Museums at Dayton Ohio.

There's a company in Colorado Springs restoring a P-38 that had a number of aces fly it.

Last edited:
There's also the forward section of the B26 in the Museum of the Air Force, formerly the USAF Museum. Over 120 ops IIRC.
And, of course, Lancaster 'S for Sugar' in the RAF Museum.

Joe - is it documented that he scored all five in the same F-4?

I would be so suprised that any LW aircraft of significance survived the scrap heaps, ditto Soviet MiGs etc or any US fighter prior to Vietnam..have no idea regarding Britain birds from WWI or II

One that might have survived is Toon's (?) from Vietnam as he was a national hero.

Another possiblity is Rickenbaker's Spad (if original) at Smithsonian.

I know the F-4 named Scat that I saw at DM last year was not original

Users who are viewing this thread

Back