Olympics 2012

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

andy2012

Airman 1st Class
Feb 12, 2012
I didn't see any post for the Olympics, so here is one. Who will be the countries and people to watch this year?

ok.............REALLY!!!!! A Mr. Bean sketch in the middle of the Olympic ceremonies? Give me a freakin break.

What's next? A Bennie Hill topless girl and a reinactment of the black knight and it's only a flesh wound?

if you watched the opening ceremonies on the main NBC network they omitted about half of them and just showed the main bits to fit into nighttime schedule, but NBC is the worst for Olynpics IMHO

if you watched the opening ceremonies on the main NBC network they omitted about half of them and just showed the main bits to fit into nighttime schedule,

You were lucky! With a few notable exceptions (forging the rings being an example)most of it was was apalling.

Steve

As British Olympics is of vital interest. A shop window. Just hope it goes smooth and cool.

Didnt watch the opening ceremony as not exactly my thing but it has been positive reviews so good.

Didnt watch the opening ceremony as not exactly my thing but it has been positive reviews so good.

Positive reviews here in the UK :)

Anyway it's irrelevant. It is much more important to run a successful games smoothly and I'm sure we''ll do that. We're actually quite good at this sort of thing.

Cheers

Steve

what did it for me was when the BBC panned to the Queen during some kids singing, she could not have looked more uninterested if she had tried !
i know she does a lot of this sort of thing but come on at least try and look pleased your there !!!!

Having just started skeet shooting myself about a month ago, that lady is fantastic. 99 out of 100 this time and a gold medal in 5 consecutive Olympics. Amazing.

I saw US swimmer Lochte gave up a big lead in the 4x100 relay. Still got silver, but really? And now Jordan Wieber (womans gymnastics) failed to make the cut for the all around. Some people need to stop listening to the hype and start performing.

Biggest upset so far though........Spain losing in soccer. WOW!

Biggest upset so far though........Spain losing in soccer. WOW!

Does not surprise me at all. It was not the same squad as the normal Spanish National Team. Very rarely do the actual National Team players play in the Olympic team. They are resting and preparing for the new season which starts in a few weeks. None of the main Spanish players are playing in the Olympics. Just like most of the major teams.

I agree with you on the first race where he came in 4th, but in the 4x100 freestyle relay, he more than did his job as the 2nd leg. It was Lockte that blew that one.

Couldn't give a rats hairy, warty *rse about the olympics! For each effing time they keep adding new bl**dy sports for every new stinking game...
What's it gonna be next, 1500 meter with pram, 500 meter shopping aisle during rush hour, toss a OAP, 1000 meter jump with OAP?
I mean, come on, how many sports does it have to be in the olympics, how many really deserve to be in them...
Wonder what the ancient Greeks are thinking, how many did they have in their games?

Thank God for the off button!

Rant over, normal service will now return!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back