Only in the U.S.A. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Bucksnort101

2nd Lieutenant
Sep 11, 2007
Minnesota
Just when you thought you heard of everything you read this.

Woman with kangaroo service animal asked to leave McDonald's following complaint
Article by: Associated Press Updated: February 3, 2015 - 2:04 PM
121 comments resize text printbuy reprints Share60Tweet BEAVER DAM, Wis. — A Beaver Dam police officer says he's quite certain he's never responded to a call like the one he handled recently at a McDonald's restaurant.

Officer Rich Dahl responded to an anonymous complaint about a woman who brought a kangaroo into McDonald's. Dahl said Tuesday the woman had the baby kangaroo wrapped in a blanket and tucked in an infant car seat.

Dahl says when he confronted the woman she explained the kangaroo was a service animal to help her cope with emotional distress and she produced a letter from a doctor.

The officer says the woman was upset at first, but then agreed to leave the restaurant. Dahl says he doesn't know if a kangaroo would qualify as a service animal under the law, but he says he's glad he didn't have to find out.

Woman with kangaroo service animal asked to leave McDonald's following complaint | Star Tribune

On my job I am finding this more and more. People trying to get away with saying a pet is a "service animal". I always ask for credentials and the ID that is supposed to be on all Service Animals identifying them as one.

Where do you get a Joey from in the US?

If the story was from Australia...fair enough :)

Cheers

Steve

There was a woman tried to take a "comfort" pig on an aircraft, unfortunately the comfort pig didnt have a comfort animal with it and it went berserk. Strange how people would be embarrassed to take on a teddy bear but will take a live young animal almost anywhere for comfort!

The "comfort" animal has become an over-used excuse to take a pet places they are not normally allowed. Same goes for apartment tenants, it's just an excuse to keep a pet where they are not allowed. We have a neighbor that has two "service" dogs in his apartment, a Shepherd and a Lab. It's not fair to those large dogs, that need space to roam, it's not fair to the other tenants that have to deal with thier barking and whining all day while the guy is gone at work.

Douchebags like this take away the true meaning of a service-pet to those that really need it.

stona...the event happened in wisconson, usa.

pbehn....i was working for usairways when that happened....the pig going berserk. she ( the passenger) orignially stated it was a 14 lb pot belly pig that would fit under the seat in a carrier. she showed up with a couple hundred pound animal that stuck out into the aisle. they didnt deny her boarding for fear of lawsuit. when the plane reached a certain alt the pressure in the pigs ears made it go nuts. it ran up and down the aisle pooping and such....it tried to get into the galley...they had to chase it all through the aircraft. it was a philidelphia to seattle flight iirc...i cant remember if it diverted or they finally got to SEA...i do know they would not honor her return flight. to make matters worse....usairways let it happen a second time years later.

GG i 100% agree this "comfort" animal thing has gotten way out of hand. we coddle to people instead of telling them to suck it up and get on with life. the further we go the more i appreciate this old commercial...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEbzM2FUP9s

Last edited:
Bobbysocks I just read about it a few weeks ago. I go nutz with people confusing pets and children they just arnt the same (you heard it here first folks) However a working dog doing its stuff with deaf or blind person is a great sight to see, same as a sheep dog with sheep. If you are too scared to fly take the bleedin' train or drive, Dennis Berkamp (top Dutch and Arsenal soccer player) didn't, no matter what he wouldnt fly, he still lived though.

Bergkamp's nickname is the Non-Flying Dutchman due to his fear of flying. This stemmed from an incident with the Netherlands national team at the 1994 World Cup where the engine of the plane cut out during a flight,[104] prompting a journalist to joke about having a bomb in his bag.[105] Following this incident, Bergkamp decided he would never fly again but did consider seeking psychiatric help:

I've got this problem and I have to live with it. I can't do anything about it, it is a psychological thing and I can't explain it. I have not flown on a plane for two years. The Dutch FA has been sympathetic, so have Arsenal, so far. I am considering psychiatric help. I can't fly. I just freeze. I get panicky. It starts the day before, when I can't sleep.[105]

The condition severely limited his ability to play in away matches in European competitions and to travel with the national team. In some cases, he would travel overland by car or train, but the logistics of some matches were such that he would not travel at all.[104] In the build-up to Arsenal's Champions League match against Olympique Lyonnais in February 2001, Wenger spoke of his concerns for Bergkamp travelling by train and car, because of the exertions involved.[106]

Four years ago we got a call from a landlord. He lived downstairs of a duplex he owned. He rented upstairs to a single guy. One day he heard what he thought were children running across the floor. Knowing that his tenant had no children, he peeked in the apartment and found....... a wallaby! I had to go round it up for Fish game who charged him with an illegal pet.

It do happen, yessir!

Four years ago we got a call from a landlord. He lived downstairs of a duplex he owned. He rented upstairs to a single guy. One day he heard what he thought were children running across the floor. Knowing that his tenant had no children, he peeked in the apartment and found....... a wallaby! I had to go round it up for Fish game who charged him with an illegal pet.

It do happen, yessir!

Where the hell did she get the kangaroo from in the first place? Bizarre choice...
Saddly, there is a brisk trade of illegal (exotic) animals in the U.S. and more than often, they are mal-treated or neglected because of improper care.

I'm sure Chris can give much better data on that than I can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back