Oostwold Airshow, June 5th 2017.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Airframes

Benevolens Magister
Aug 24, 2008
Cheshire, UK
Karl and I traveled over to northern Holland on Friday 2nd June, to meet-up with Marcel at the Oostwold airshow, as well as do some visits to the Arnhem battlefields, which I'll cover in another thread,
Oostwold airfield is a small, private grass strip on the northern tip of Holland, just 26 miles east of the city of Groningen, below the Ems estuary, and hosts a two-day airshow every two years, with the 'warbirds' day being on the second day, Monday.
The line-up was extensive and varied, although due to weather further west, and in the UK, a couple of participants, including the Catalina, couldn't get there. However, the show was a great success, with fine weather and a crowd in excess of 20,000.
The resident P-51D Mustang 'Damn Yankee' opened the show with a fine display, even if the sound of it's engine was drowned by the Glenn Miller music blasting from the PA system, and, unlike at UK airshows, the display line was a lot closer to the crowd line, allowing a great view of this beautiful aircraft as it cavorted around the sky.
I'll open my contribution to the thread with a few 'tasters' showing 'Damn Yankee' doing it's stuff. and I'll post further pics of the show when I've had a chance to sort them, over the weekend. No doubt Karl and Marcel will add their pics as the thread progresses.

Oost 1.jpg
Oost 2.jpg
Oost 3.jpg
Oost 4.jpg
Oost 5.jpg
Oost 6.jpg

Thanks Paul.
Great shots Marcel, and thanks for clarifying the Catalina problem - I'd thought the engine problem had happened en route.

I've got loads of pics to sort and edit, so keep posting - I'll get some more posted over the weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back