Our sons trackday experience (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Last edited:
I think the Porche was probably the fastest. Can't see the speedo in the onboard video but looking at the rev counter wazzing around the dial, I reckon he must have been close to 140ish. The single seaters are capable of 140 and he was maxing his in top.

The Lambo was probably the slowest cos his instructor kept telling him to change up all the time whenever the revs started to climb a bit too much !. Actually, a Lambo is more of fast road car, somewhere where you can let her really get the motor spinning

And thats some interesting reading ref Thruxton during the last big one, thanks for posting that. Within a ten mile radius of my house there are 9, yes nine ! WW2 airfields. Some are now all agricultural, but some of the buildings still survive....I tell you, navigation must have a been a real peach with all these landing sites dotted around the countryside.

Geedee
I would expect (though I dont know) the single seater to set the fastest lap time not necessarily the highest top speed in the hands of a "stig". I was just wondering how someone new to a race track would get the most of, a huge BHP modified road car or a single seat race car.

Re aerodromes I live in the north east and there were 4 within a similar radius to me croft, middleton, thornaby and catterick(though I dont know how far catterick is it is still a huge base). Many of the circuits I raced on were ex WW2 aerodromes. Croft, Elvington, Carnaby, Silloth, ouston, east fortune, snetterton and silverstone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back