P-38 AIRPLANE DROP TANKS

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

wonderman

Recruit
Jan 17, 2010
Hi, I'm in very cold West Michigan. I acquired a huge box of World War II paper items from an estate. I went through the box and found most everything to be P-38 related, blueprints and lots more from 1943-44. They belonged to a Captain/engineer in the Air Corp and were from several different bases. Several have to do with a drop tank and refueling. I was wondering if the blueprints would be declassified after all these years or who I could contact to find out. I didn't know where to start so I came here. Thanks from Michigan

Even if they were part of the engineering and are stamped confidential?

If you go through this link and down load some of the reports and stuff you would find some of them still say that also thought most now say declassified by the goverment because they came from the goverment as copies. Your lucky actually as yours as yours is orginal data.

Technical - Aircraft of World War II - Warbird Forums

I haven't had a chance to go through everything yet. There are probably 50 "ALL AMERICAN AVIATION INC" 210 Greenhill Ave Wilmington, Del "The Airway To Everywhere" envelopes with research and development of the P-38 and the drop tank system from 1943-44. There are several huge 4' x 6' blueprints of the cockpit and instruction prints on refueling from a B-24. There is also a 135mm motion picture on the B-24 refueling the P-38 in flight. I will be taking a closer look at the items in the next few days.

Hi, I'm in very cold West Michigan. I acquired a huge box of World War II paper items from an estate. I went through the box and found most everything to be P-38 related, blueprints and lots more from 1943-44. They belonged to a Captain/engineer in the Air Corp and were from several different bases. Several have to do with a drop tank and refueling. I was wondering if the blueprints would be declassified after all these years or who I could contact to find out. I didn't know where to start so I came here. Thanks from Michigan

I just came upon your post. Does your box contain any diagrams or part numbers for the P 38 drop tanks. Please see my recent post. Thanks.

Jim Thoreson

I just came upon your post. Does your box contain any diagrams or part numbers for the P 38 drop tanks. Please see my recent post. Thanks.

Jim Thoreson

Hi Jim - FYI, that was posted over 7 years ago, I doubt you'll get a response.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back