P-38M Aircraft Data Block

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

DisplacedTex

Airman
Oct 24, 2020
I've been doing research trying to find as much info as I can on the P-38M night lightning for a upcoming r/c project. Since the overall paint scheme is gloss black, the stenciling for the nomenclature and warnings are done in red. These night fighter versions were converted P-38L-5-LO ships, and the new designation from Lockheed for the new airframe was P-38M-6-LO. Since I can't find any definitive photos/info of the data block stenciled onto the port side of the fuse, can we assume that the info on the block would say "P-38M-6-LO"? Also, the M model being a 2 seater, would the "crew weight" portion of the data block read 400lbs instead of the usual "200 lbs"? Enquiring minds want to know...
I've attached a image of a data block I drew up real quick on Microsoft Paint:

P-38 Data Block (2).jpg

The Tech Order you reference is very wrong - it is not an 08 TO as those are all radio (nor is it an 03 Electrical equipment) TO. Most engine related TOs are 02 and fuel system is usually 02 though fuel components are not.
1604121163400.png

1604121359757.png

I think the correct number you want is this
1604121813351.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back