P-47D Air-Sea Rescue Equipment

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Transall

Recruit
Nov 12, 2011
Near Cologne
Lastly I bought a 1/48 conversion kit from Loon Models to build that special P-47. It consists of two dinghi packs and some smoke markers.
Does anyone know about its colours?
I´ve seen a colour profile of a "war-weary" P-47 with its red-white-blue engine cowling but I have absolutely no useful information about the colour(s) of the dinghis and smoke markers.
If anybody. . .please let me know.

I believe the dinghy pack containers were coloured bright yellow, not sure about the smoke marker canisters. I'll see what i can find out from my references.

Thank you for the input. I also thought that the dinghis were yellow. But I have absolutely no idea about the colour of the smoke marker canisters.
Regards from Germany
Transall

Transall
a couple of pictures for you

Cheers
Mike

Attachments

• P-47 ARS 001.jpg
    P-47 ARS 001.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 171
  • P-47 ARS 2 001.jpg
    P-47 ARS 2 001.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 172
I've had a look through all my references, and apart from the two colour photos already posted, I haven't found anything else. I have seen some pics somewhere of the smoke cannisters and dinghy packs, so will keep looking.

Hi Vikingberserker,
thanks a lot, Great photo - that shows at least the colours of the dinghis. I´ll take it into my privat archive.
Regards from Germany
Transall

Transall, note the small smoke-float cannister, like a small bomb, on the centreline behind the drop tank.
Good work David.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back