P-47N internal colour ?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

rochie

Staff
Mod
can someone steer me in the right direction for the correct colour of the insides of the wheel bays and cockpit for my P-47N ?

is it zinc chromide yellow or green or are they really the same ?

pictures i've seen of P-47's around today have a yellow colour is that correct, and ive seen someware in the forum that to make zinc chloride colour you mix silver with green or yellow, would that work ?

thanks in advance :lol:

Karl

Yes Karl.Mix the silver and yellow paints.But the basic one is the yellow.One drop of silver can cause that the yellow will get the yellow zinc chromate tonality.So you have to fine the correct proportion.For late P-47s you can use interior green.

i've got a tin of interior green ! you think that late model P-47's would have used that colour ?

the instruction sheet says mix green and yellow xf-3 xf-2 IIRC (at work now so cant check) does that sound like interior green ?

I think that mixing of the green and yellow is a good idea. I think the colour could look like this below.

Attachments

• zinc chromate.jpg
    zinc chromate.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 58
  • zinc chromate Hu.jpg
    zinc chromate Hu.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 67

Users who are viewing this thread

Back