P-51-D Mustang

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ZSWMD

Recruit
Jun 19, 2009
Hi all :)

I'm new to the forum, and need some help please.

I'm building a 70% static display model of the P-51-D, and need some detailed pictures, photo's or drawings of all the stensils, markings to be found on the outside of the airplane. Things like NO STEP, NO HAND, STEP HERE, FUEL REQUIREMENTS, OXYGEN FILLER POINT, EXT EXT. And also details on the chemical tanks they used, and what for, smoke maybe ? With details on that to reproduse. 8)

Thanx all

I took a picture to show you my progress thus far ...

Attachments

• P51 Project.JPG
    P51 Project.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 299
Wow! That's pretty impressive! I don't have any drawings of the stencil types/ positions I'm afraid, just a few for models. It's possible that someone here might be able to help though.

Hi all :eek:

Thank you very very much :rolleyes:

I've been looking for ages. This is perfect. Can't wait to start painting and decorating.

If I may :oops: Does anybody have that specific font ? I can't find it on the net.
Want to reproduce each and every relevant stencil.

Thank you ....

I think Antoni pretty much covered it, but here are some photos of some of the markings. You can also get a good view of the trim tabs in the last shot.

Attachments

• DSC_4508.jpg
    DSC_4508.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 244
  • DSC_7539.jpg
    DSC_7539.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 258
  • DSC_3300.jpg
    DSC_3300.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 243
...If I may :oops: Does anybody have that specific font ? I can't find it on the net.
Want to reproduce each and every relevant stencil.

Thank you ....
ZSWMD, I use a font named USAAF Stencil, and will post the .zip file here for you. It's fairly accurate and the zip file contains two fonts, actually. The first .ttf has the complete alphabet with up to three stencil types (see the map when you open the zip) and the second .ttf file is the numeric stencils.

By the way, your 'Stang project looks awesome!

Attachments

• usaaf_stencil.zip
    106.2 KB · Views: 94
I am missing something. Do I need to save the zip files someshere to acees the stencil in the system map? Other than that it seems to be working.

DBII

Users who are viewing this thread

Back