P-51 v. Hellcat

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Mar 28, 2009
hi all i assume that p51 and hellcat aircraft during WWII?

what are the advantage and disadvantages of his aircraft?

if we will compare those two with criteria would would be better

such criteria can be speed, durability, agility, maneuverability, dive speed, climb rate, range, armament

if you guy watched the show dogfight they compare two airplane
that is the same but with two allies plane

p-51 hellcat
durability
speed
agility
dive speed
and such

thanks you

I think the Hellcat wins big on durability and engine survival, since it's radial engine could absorb lots of damage that the P-51 couldn't take.

The Hellcat was a bit slower than the P-51, so if the P-51 wanted to leave the dogfight it could escape, unless it's engine was shot out!

The P-51 was much better at high altitudes I think, but I think the Hellcat wasn't the worst either in this area.

The P-51 had a much longer range, so if the P-51 was attacking a carrier of Hellcats, it could strike before the Hellcat was even in range.

The Hellcat was good on carriers, a task the P-51 was not very good at.

The P-51 was more nimble, and could perhaps dive faster than the Hellcat, but it's rate of climb was actually less than the Hellcat.

So like all planes it's a tossup. If you want a more agile and faster fighter, go with the P-51.

If you want a more sturdy, easy to fly fighter, go with the Hellcat.

The P-51 is optimized for high altitude. The F6F is optimized for medium and low altitudes. The USA needs both aircraft just as Germany needs both the Me-109 and the Fw-190A.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back