P-51B Mustang (Revell, 1/72)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

vajled

Airman 1st Class
Apr 9, 2012
Zagreb, Croatia
Finished this litle one...
nice model but only thing what is not good is canopy...
canopy from start looks like blured glass, almost no panel lines, owfull fit...
but in the end I have enjoyed building this fella :)

p51bfin001.jpg

p51bfin002.jpg

p51bfin003.jpg

p51bfin004.jpg

p51bfin005.jpg

p51bfin006.jpg

Cheers

Roman

Nice work Roman. It's an old kit, which might explain the canopy. But the canopy doesn't look too bad - a polish with toothpaste might have improved it, followed by a coat of 'Future'.

Nice work Roman. It's an old kit, which might explain the canopy. But the canopy doesn't look too bad - a polish with toothpaste might have improved it, followed by a coat of 'Future'.

thx guys
for toothpaste I cnow, yes... mybe I miss that step in building, but didnt expect at all it will turn out so bad :(
Future - problem... dont have on market here in Croatia... instead I'm using Pronto

Cheers all

Roman

Probably a similar product to Future (known as Johnson's 'Klear' in the UK). Strangely, my usual sources of Future/Klear don't seem to have any recently, and I'm about to run out !

Probably a similar product to Future (known as Johnson's 'Klear' in the UK). Strangely, my usual sources of Future/Klear don't seem to have any recently, and I'm about to run out !

Future and Pronto are the same Terry.

And a nice work Roman. :thumbright:

Great work Roman!

Yep, nice kit, built it myself about 10 years ago. Only problems are canopy as mentioned, and wing root fillet: not pronounced enough, and undercarriage doors sloping too far back as a result.

nice job on the p51,i had the same problem with my canopy on this one,its more like poor quality plastic being used rather than because its an older kit,your detailing really is top notch and in 1/72nd well done love it

Bob, my local Tesco and Sainsbury's normally have the Pledge Klear, but neither have stock at the moment for some reason. I'll find some somewhere !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back