P40B AVG - Flying Tigers (Airfix 1/72)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ArmouredSprue

Senior Airman
Feb 26, 2013
Adelaide SA
113_P-40B_FlyingTigers.jpg

This model represents the plane flown by Flight Leader Charles "Chuck" Older for the AVG in China 1941/42.

To see the whole Work in Progress, click here: PLASTIMODELISMO - ArmouredSprue: 2014-07-27

112_P-40B_FlyingTigers.jpg

114_P-40B_FlyingTigers.jpg

115_P-40B_FlyingTigers.jpg

116_P-40B_FlyingTigers.jpg

117_P-40B_FlyingTigers.jpg

117_P-40B_FlyingTigers.jpg

119_P-40B_FlyingTigers.jpg

120_P-40B_FlyingTigers.jpg

121_P-40B_FlyingTigers.jpg

122_P-40B_FlyingTigers.jpg

123_P-40B_FlyingTigers.jpg

124_P-40B_FlyingTigers.jpg

125_P-40B_FlyingTigers.jpg

126_P-40B_FlyingTigers.jpg

That's all folks!

For the WIP forum, click here: P40B Tomahawk - AVG = Flying Tigers (Airfix 1/72) - Work in Progress - Aircraft - Britmodeller.com

Comments and critics are welcome!

First off, just incredible and you're the type of modeler that makes me not even want to try. A question.....is the weathering a bit too dark? Maybe it's the picture or maybe my 1/2 blind eyes. It just seems the panel lines maybe stand out a little too much.

Again, this is like nit picking the Mona Lisa and I don't know what I'm talking about.

First off, just incredible and you're the type of modeler that makes me not even want to try. A question.....is the weathering a bit too dark? Maybe it's the picture or maybe my 1/2 blind eyes. It just seems the panel lines maybe stand out a little too much.

Again, this is like nit picking the Mona Lisa and I don't know what I'm talking about.

Thanks mate!

The weathering seems darker in the photos, but I did a pre-shading in the overall model. I pretty much liked the way it ended.
I've tried some new (for me at least) techniques in this model and it happened they worked quite fine.

Cheers
Paulo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back