P47-D Eileen Paint question

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

copcheck

Airman 1st Class
Mar 25, 2011
Clinton Township, MI
I seem to be full of mistakes lately and am really disappointed with myself right now.

I purchased the Academy 1/72 scale of the Eileen P47-D and was really looking forward to putting a good kit together.

The kit called for Euro Dark Green FS34092(Top) and Neutral Gray FS36270(bottom). I opted for Medium Gray FS35237.

It looks too dark now and I'm afraid I'll have to completely repaint the entire plane. I've got the landing gear on already and am wondering how bad of a mistake this is.

With the cost of the model it may be better just to start over rather than try to strip it all down.

Thoughts, suggestions?

Thanks,

Jon :(

Model:
http://www.scalehobbyist.com/catagories/Model_Aircraft/ACD00002105/product.php?sc=72

Are you airbrushing? Careful masking and repainting of the bottom can be done. If you have a spare decal, just paint over it an reapply. If not, you can spray a seal coat of future over it and mask it

Brush painting can also be done.

Are you airbrushing? Careful masking and repainting of the bottom can be done. If you have a spare decal, just paint over it an reapply. If not, you can spray a seal coat of future over it and mask it

Brush painting can also be done.

I am airbrushing so I may go that route. I asked a question about my airbrush in another thread. I may have to practice a bit to nail it just right.

I had a lot of hope in this kit and just love the Euro Dark Green, which initially drew me to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back