P51-H Radio Equipment

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Big Merle

Airman
Jul 4, 2008
Champaign,IL
Hello All,
We are looking for some radio gear to install in a P51-H static restoration. Right now we are searching for a MT-238-ARC3 mount assy for our ARC3 set. Sources to purchase one or drawing set to build one appreciated.
Also, where can I find a list of what aircraft used the ARC3 set? May be helpfull in locating.
Thanks,
Curt

Here's a pdf copy of the AN/ARC-3-Hopefully this will be of help to you-I have the later ARC-49 (ARC-502 in RCAF parlance) that I hope to have serviceable before the snow flies :D. But I'm still trying to find the C-1400/ARC-49 control head. I'd love to see photos of your project.
Cheers,
Matthew

Attachments

• AN_ARC-3,36,49[1].pdf
    30.2 MB · Views: 269
Here's a pdf copy of the AN/ARC-3-Hopefully this will be of help to you-I have the later ARC-49 (ARC-502 in RCAF parlance) that I hope to have serviceable before the snow flies :D. But I'm still trying to find the C-1400/ARC-49 control head. I'd love to see photos of your project.
Cheers,
Matthew

Another good one, thanks Matthew!!

Thanks for the PDF Matthew, down loading it now. You can see photo's of our project at Chanute Air Museum. On the home page select Mustang Restoration Project then look for the Progress button. We have gathered most of the radio equipment except the BC-966 receiver. Have a couple of friends looking at Oah Kosh this week. Any ideas on finding one?
Curt

Let me re-phrase that-Send me a list of your wants and I might be able to render assistance in some fashion. Ive got some good sources to keep my gear running and complete but they are drying out fast. I have a BC-966 at my friends house-I just need to find the time to pick it up.
M.

Hello again Batcocan,
Short list of radio gear needed:

1) BC-966 Receiver
2) RE13ARA8 Antenna relay (for AN-ARA-8 Homing adaptor)
3) MD34ARA8 Modulator Keying Unit (for AN-ARA-8 Homing adaptor)

As far as I know this should be all we are still needing to complete the radio compartment.
You may contact me off line (or here) if you wish at [email protected].
Please state asking price and possiable leads for equipment you don't have.
Thanks again for your help,
Curt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back