P51 Mustang Israeli Desert Camo.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

DonKastre

Recruit
Mar 1, 2011
I know this is slightly off WWII topic but I'm making a revell model kit at the moment and wish to paint it in the unique Israeli dark blue/tan colours. However, my sources to date fail to identify the colour of the underside of the aircraft. I was hoping that somebody could confirm as to whether the underside is either light grey or natural metal?

The source ... P-51D Israeli Mustang by David W. Aungst (Hasegawa 1/48 )

- Blue ( RAL 5008 ). My Italian friend provided me the F.S. correlation to this color. F.S.35045 appoximates it. I found (using my F.S. color fan) that this color is a little lighter and grayer than Non-Specular Sea Blue ( F.S.35042 ). To mix the color, I started with F.S.35042 and added Gunship Gray ( F.S.36118 ) to lighten and gray-out the color. I used a 5:1 mixing ratio (blue to gray).

- Brown ( F.S.30215 ). Consulting my F.S. color fan another time, I found this color to be close to Dark Tan ( F.S.30219 ), only slightly more yellow. To mix the color, I started with F.S.30219 and added Insignia Yellow ( F.S.33538 ) to offset the color. I used a 5:1 mixing ratio (tan to yellow).

- Light Gray (RAL 7044). My Italian friend provided me the F.S. correlation to this color, also. F.S.36492 appoximates it. The Model Master enamel paint line has this F.S. color in it. I used the color right out of the jar with no change.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back