P51 Mustang Models

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

petadel

Airman
Aug 31, 2008
Cairns QLD
I am interested in veiwing other modellers renditions of P51 Mustangs.
These are mine of A68-564 (Serial 44-12511) which my father completed his apprenticeship on at the CAC Factory (Fishermans Bend).
Airfix (1977) 1/24 In Gloss Aluminium (Alclda II) - Hard to photo super shiny:idea:

p51.jpg

p51 1.jpg

p51 3.jpg

P51 2.jpg

That really does look good as a polished finish! It's made me think about the 'new' Airfix Mustang (or Heller, the same but half the price!), I nearly bought it a few months ago, but decided against it after looking at some 1973 photos of a finished example. But yours looks so good, I think I might take the plunge and add to my Mustang collection.

I'll take a rain check. Currently doing 1/32 Big Beautiful Doll. Photos promised but don't hold your breath.

Screamer,

He finished Uni in Perth 1945 as a mechanical engineer and went to Fisho in 1946-1948 (I believe) working the end of the P51 production line finishing prior to delivery.
He went overseas in the early fifties to work in Bristol, seeing time with Rolls Royce and working with Sir Stanley Hooker.
He returned to Oz in the late fifties and took up a job with ARL until the Dept of Defence got him in 1968 moving into Engineering resource and QA.
That's about it roughly - he passed last year.

Its been 18 months since I did my P51 and now 13 models later have got my eye back in.
I think a wash to higlight the panel line is needed also some sentciling of the numerals as they have faded black ?

Nice lines as always Wayne - Slick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back