Packard Merlin Illustrated Parts Manual (V-1650-7) (AN 02-55AC-4) from 1945 or older

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

rtwpsom2

Airman
May 21, 2013
Hi guys, some of you might now I'm doing a CAD model of the V-1650-7. I have several copies of the Illustrated Parts Manual for it but unfortunately they have been revised post war (1947 and 1949). Because Continental took up production late and post war they made some changes to the Bill of Materials for the -7 which are unrelated to wartime engines. I need a copy of an wartime, unrevised copy of the Parts Manual. Can you guys look through your libraries and see if you have a copy that was printed 1945 or older and was not revised post war? It should be an AN 02-55AC-4 (not an 02A) and I can give you some specific things to look for if you think you have a copy that may apply. On the first page of part numbers (page 5 in my manuals) there should be several parts named STUD - UPPER CRANKSHAFT BEARING CAP. If your manual has part numbers 601600 through 601603 for those studs, you have the manual I'm looking for. If your manual has part numbers 618232 through 618241 for those studs then yours has been revised.

Of course I am specifically speaking about digital copies here. I'm not suggesting anyone scan their entire manual for me. However if you have a physical copy that matches and it is still available for purchase somewhere, let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back