Paint stripping? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lucky13

Forum Mascot
Aug 21, 2006
In my castle....
As I'm tooling about in HO trains every now and then, I was wondering....does anyone know if Scalecoat 11 Wash Away, is available here in the UK?
I've got a Southern Pacific and a Santa Fe RSD-5, that I need stripped...

Not sure old boy. I did see an advert somewhere for some sort of paint stripper for models, but jut nip down to Halfords and grab a can of brake fluid.
That'll do the job, but test first, using a small amount on a cotton bud or soft cloth, especially if it's for your choo-choos, as the bodies are sometimes made from ABS, or nylon-type material or similar, and the paint work can be screen-printed, rather than paint.
Not a problem as such, but too much fluid can cause a sticky mess which can be a b*gger to clean up, as the screen ink and ABS can clog together as it dissolves.
Using the fluid sparingly, with perhaps more than one application, should remove the decoration 'gently', avoiding most of the mess.

stripping a model I have a wedge of caustic soda dissolved in water where we introduce mold stripping and takes all the paint in 20 hours and in 32 hours no trace without rubbing, this does not damage the plastic will only have to it cleaned well once is out of the soda.
the soda have a product unclogging pipes.
Also I use it when I start a new model for cleaning grease and debris

This has also been recommended, Scalecoat II Wash Away...

WEA-10568-2_zpshzlazvho.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back