Passenger train service?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lucky13

Forum Mascot
Aug 21, 2006
In my castle....
I think that we can agree that todays passenger train services aren't exactly what they used to be, but.......just for fun, where did you find the best service in the '30's?

1930's.... From books etc., the 20th Century Limited and The Broadway Limited were hot stuff, but then you also had I guess Flying Scotsman and surely some others out in Europe....Orient Express!

my dad was 5, mom was 3. although there was an extensive trolley system in place and way more train service. most all of the soldiers travelled to and from bases on train.

Attachments

• TROLLEY8 (Medium).jpg
    TROLLEY8 (Medium).jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 216
Never ridden it and it is probably more fame that reality, but the Orient Express was supposed to be a fantastic ride. Billed as all luxury.

Did do an overnighter on a train from Paris to Milan once. Lousy experience. Like trying to sleep in a washing machine. Only guy who got any sleep in the "sleeper" was the Porter. He was snoring away.

Planes are actually a much better ride.

Done 2.5 rail voyages
I've done the Canadian from Toronto to Vancouver a few times.
The Acadian from Halifax - Montreal once
and I don't know if this counts the one from London to Edinbourgh
and my opinion except for London To Edinbourgh "this why God invented the Aircraft"
For a tourist on trip would be cool
but for me to get somewhere in North America they suck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back